How can we become an expectant of Imam (a.j)

We cannot seek the pleasure of Allah (swt) by inventing some duties during the time of occultation according to our opinion.

The AhlulBayt (as) have already mentioned the specific duties that we have during the time of occultation, and we cannot add to it.

Wasting our time on searching the astronomical data and proposing time for the Imam's reappearance will only displease Allah.

It will also serve the impostors who try to take the advantage of astronomical events for their own agenda, as well as those who want to weaken our faith about Imam Mahdi (a.j) by claiming that these alleged signs did not accompany his reappearance, and thus making us doubtful about his existence.

All the Heavens shelter and the Earth grows sustenance and provides abode, because the last Hujjat of Almighty Allah (swt) lives on the face of this earth.

Nothing can give one more joy and happiness than the fact that our master and Imam of our time, Imam Mahdi (may Allah hasten his re-appearance) lives with us.

But at the same time, nothing can lament one more than the fact that we are not able to hear his voice and see his radiant face.

"It is hard for me that I can see all creatures, but I can neither see you; nor can I hear any whisper or confidential talk from you!"
(Dua Nudba)

But the Imam (a.j) has never forsaken the believers who await his reappearance.

His followers get his assistance and prayers.

Due to his presence, they are able to foil the design of their adversaries.

The reward for those living in the second and the longer occultation of Imam Mahdi (a.j) is enormous and so are the responsibilities and the duties.

✺✺✺

One can surely get the opportunity to meet Imam (a.j) by following religious duties and by being equal and fair to people.

On analyzing the life of Prophet Muhmmad (saw) and our holy Imams and by studying about their companions, one may find that there are several levels among their companions.

There are few who are very near to them like Salman Al-Farsi, Abu-Dhar Ghifari, Miqdad ibn Aswad Al-Kindi, Bilal ibn Rawah, Khabbab bin Al-Arrat.

Then there is a second level which includes companions of the companions.

One needs to find a position at least in the second level.

The challenge is not much difficult and requires some self-control and to set goals and values in accordance with the guidelines being established by Islam.

Some small steps in this direction and some progress daily on this path can enable us all to be in the camp of the Imam of our time as lines have been drawn and one can clearly distinguish between different camps.

Even if we don't remain to see the reappearance of our Imam (a.j), those who yearned to see and assist Imam will rise up from their graves.

✺✺✺

How to connect with Imam Mahdi (a.j)

• Piety
• Love and Affection towards him.
• Mentioning him, etc.

The only problem that is not letting us see and communicate with Imam (a.j) is our sins! Our sins have created a barrier between us and him!

How can we get closer to Imam Mahdi (a.j)?

○ Becoming virtuous.

○ Not going after anything that's considered haram and not committing sins.

○ Becoming a practicing Muslim.

○ Love and respect him.

○ Learn more about Prophet (saw), Fatimah Zahra (sa) and twelve Imams (a.j).

○ Let other people know of him by teaching them or talking about him.

○ Crying and feeling sad for his absence.

○ Praying for his reappearance in the morning and night.

○ Whenever you do a good deed, sending its rewards as a gift to him.

○ Reading the Holy Quran and obeying the rules that it mentions such as respecting your parents, donating to poor people, etc.

○ Reading Du'a Ahad and Ziyarat Ale Yasin.

○ Giving charity and donating for the safety and protection of our dear Imam (a.j). It doesn't have to be much.

Eventhough he doesn't need our charity, it's out of love and our affection towards him.

○ Mourning for his Forefather Imam Hussain (as) and his Aunty Hazrat Zainab (sa).

○ Respecting those who love him and are awaiting his reappearance.

○ A little Salam, everyday to our Holy Imam (a.j): "Assalamu alayak Ya Sahib Zaman." Before bed, even teaching it to our children. To remember him.

Imam Reza (as) said to one of his followers, "If you want to know how much I hold you dear and think about you, then think about how much you care about me and remember me in your life."

The Duties of Those Who are Waiting for Imam Mahdi (a.j)

It is important that we try to please Imam Mahdi (a.j). That is, when we obey his commands. Many sayings emphasize on the necessity of waiting for Imam Mahdi's return.

We need to keep our spiritual bonds with Imam Mahdi and by obeying his commands and waiting for his return; we should keep ourselves connected to him.

Therefore, it is important for us to know how a true believer should act while waiting for the return of Imam (a.j).

Those who are waiting for the return of Imam (a.j) should live like true Believers.

When people expect someone, this expectation shows in all their behaviors and actions.

For instance, if someone is expecting a guest, he cleans the house and gets prepared to be a good host. He wears good clothes and waits for his guest with a welcoming attitude.

Such a person could claim that he is expecting someone.

But if he has not cleaned the house and has not prepared anything for his guest, and if he is in his casual clothes and is not even thinking about the guest, then if he claims that he is expecting someone, people will just laugh at him, or think that he is lying.