24 Ways to help Children learn more about Imam (a.j)

If you can't follow some of the instructions below and they're difficult for you. Don't stress and follow the ones that you can. 

1. Increase your knowledge of Imam (a.j).

2. Develop a regular lesson for talking about Imam (a.j).

3. There are people whom Allah (swt) granted them the opportunity to meet Imam (a.j). Talk about them & their life story.

4. Get ready to answer their questions & be patient with them.

5. Teach them to respect Imam (a.j) by sending blessings upon Prophet Muhammad (saw) & his household (as) when hearing his name.

6. Ask them to pray for the well-being of Imam (a.j).

7. Let them know that when they pray for Imam (a.j) and remember him in their life. He will also pray & care for them.

8. Create an opportunity for them to give charity for well-being of Imam (a.j).

9. Don't scare them.
For example, when they do something wrong, don't tell them that Imam (a.j) will no longer like them! This is a warning for parents who usually use these kinds of methods to punish their children.

10. Remember that your teachings of Imam (a.j) will become beneficent only when you become a kind & practising Muslim yourself. 

11. Teach them that the way to become closer to Imam (a.j) spiritually is by doing good deeds and not committing sins.

12. Every year on Imam's birthday buy them a gift.

13. Help them to make a poster based on Imam (a.j).

14. In your religious ceremonies pray for Imam (a.j) and encourage them to do the same.

15. Ask them to write a letter to Imam (a.j).

16. Become friends with people and families who also pray for Imam (a.j)'s reappearance & respect him.

17. Talk about Imam's love & care towards his companions, Muslims and especially Shias.

18. Memories some of Imam's sayings and talk about them with your children.

19. Teach your children to send a gift to Imam (a.j) every day. Their gift can be this beautiful sentence:

Salawat

《اللَّهُمَّ صَلِّ عَلَى مُحَمَّدٍ وآلِ مُحَمَّدٍ وعَجلْ فَرَجَهُم》

Allahumma salli 'ala Muhammad wa Ali Muhammad wa ajjil farajuhum

O Allah bless Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w) and his household/family. And may You hasten their glad advent.

OR it's recommended to say instead of wa ajjil farajuhum, these words below:

Wa ajjil faraja ale Muhammad.

و عجل فرج ال محمد.

اللهم صل علی محمد و ال محمد و عجل فرج ال محمد.

Imam Baqir and Imam Sadiq (as): "The heaviest thing to be placed on the scales on the Day of Resurrection is the invocation of blessings on Prophet Muhammad and his household (as)."