Chp.12:Lies

I wake up happy. I smile. For the first time in the morning. I get up and get dressed. And walk downstairs. "Morning "I said. "Someone is in a good mood"Dad said.

I smiled. "So I suppose you are still happy about that little date on Saturday "mom said. I smiled.

"It's just a date"Ella said. "Ella"Danny said. "No. I'm tired being the only one not happy. I can live with moving away. I can live with Danny having a boyfriend. I can't live with him being happy. And it's all his fault "Ella said.

"Ellana "Mom said. "My name is Ella"Ella said. She got up and ran out the door. "I thought that was suppose to be me"Danny said. Mom and dad nodded.

"I'm gonna start walking"I said. They nodded. I grabbed my stuff and started walking. Then i heard someone running. Then someone jumped on my back. "Hahaha"Max laughed. "Hello good sir"I said. He smiled.

"So. Friday. A real date"he asked. I smiled. "I thought Saturday was a date"I asked. He got in front of me. "Saturday was amazing I admit that. I loved it. But I think we need a real date. One where we aren't making out the whole time"he said.

"Ok. Friday it is "I said. He put his arms around my waist. I put mine around his neck. "What"I asked. "I just really love you"he said. "I love you to"I said.

He leans in. Then we kiss. I back away. "We have to go to school"I said. "Do we"he asked. I nodded and laughed. "Yes we do"I said. He smiled. "Fine. "He said. I grabbed his hand.

He smirks. Then we walk to school. I see a girl and Max lets my hand go. I look at him.  "You ok"I ask. He nodded. "Yeah. I need to go to class"he said. I nodded. I tried to kiss him but he ran off.

"Wow"Jess said. I jumped. "Jess. I thought we talk about this"I said. "That's not what I need to tell you"she said.

"Ok what"I asked. "Well yesterday when I came over. I was looking in your room for 20bucks and well I saw your phone and it had a text from Max. It said "Let's keep this a secret ". So I deleted it cause I knew you would be hurt"she said. "Wait you took my 20 bucks. "I asked.

She slapped me. "That's not important. Speak about the Max thing"she said. "Ok. One OW. And two of he wants to keep it a secret he can"I said.

She slapped me again. "Jess"I said. "Red. Do you understand he's lying. "She said. "What"I asked. "When Max starts to get this way with girls he asks them on a date on Friday. Then he doesn't talk to them anymore "Jess said.

What. "What"I said. "He always does this. "Jess said. "..."I look down. "I'm sorry but I had to tell you. "She said. I looked down.

"Come with me"she said. We walked and saw the girl I saw this morning. "Hi. "She said." This is Holly"Jess said. "Your the kid Max was with this morning "she said. I nodded.

"He was my ex last year. He asked you to come over last Saturday. Didn't he"she asked. I nodded. "And he asked you out this Friday "she asked. I nod. "Dude I'm really sorry "Holly said. I nodded.

I walked away. I just walked to class. All day I was quiet. At lunch I didn't say a word. Then the bell rang and I started walking home.

"Red"max yelled. "..."I didn't say anything. "What's wrong"he asked. I kept walking. He walked in front of me. "Hey. What's up"he asked.

".."I just looked at him. "Red. "He asked. I almost started crying. "Red what happened "he asked. "Do you really love me"I asked. "Red I....."I stopped him. "Do you. You said it this morning "I said. "Yes"he said.

"Do you really want to be with me"I asked." What"he asked. "Do you want to date me. "I asked. "Red what is this coming from"he asked.

"Do YOU WANT TO REALLY WANT TO DATE ME"I yelled. "NO. "He yelled back. I looked at him. "No. I don't know what it's like to really date. I don't want to be with you like that"he said.

"Stay away"I said. "Red please let me explain "he said. I shook my head. "No. I'm not gonna let you. Just stay away"I said.

He looked at me. "R-Red"he said. "I really trusted you"I said. "I really did"I added.

I then continued walking home. Once I got home I saw Ella. "How was school"she asked. She smiled.

".."I looked down. "Not so good. You were so happy this morning "she said.

I walked to my room. I layed of my bed. I got a text.

???:Miss me now
???:Hahahaha

I closed my phone. I look at the ceiling.

Later

"He said that"Jess said. I nodded. "Jeez. It's a good thing you asked me to come over. But I brought back up"she said. I looked at her.

My door opened. It was Adam and Ross. "Hey guys"I said.

"Hey. How are you"Ross asked. "I'm really fine"I said.

"Can you tell us the story. Jess won't tell us"Adam asked. Ross hit him. "What"Adam said.

"Adam"Jess said. I smiled. "Sure I'll tell"I said. "You sure"Danny said. I looked at my door.

I nodded. I waved for her to come in. She closed the door and sat by Jess.

"I was an idiot. I was a teen boy thinking I could do something. "I started. "But I was just a teen boy"I said.

Flashback
Friday night. My mom wanted me to stay home. But I was fighting to go out with Him. So when they went to bed. I snuck out. Once I got to his house. I regretted it. He was drunk. And he started hitting me.

He broke my arm. A rib. Almost a leg. But the worst thing he did. Well just guess. I woke up in my front yard. In pain. I was taken to the hospital by my mom.

A week later. It happened again.

A month later. We moved. I was still scared.

I could never trust anyone
End

I look at them. "I never trust anyone again. Ever. Until Max"I said.

They looked at me. "Dude"Adam said. "I'm really sorry"Ross said. Then Ross smiled.

"I'm gonna have a talk with someone tomorrow. "Ross said.