Chp.17: Why

I woke up. Today was the school dance. I got up and got dressed. I walked downstairs.

I saw my mom and dad talking. They looked at me. "Red do you want to go to school"they asked. I nodded.

I ate breakfast and walked to school. I saw Jess and she ran to me. She hugged me. "Ella was found "she said.

I looked at her. "My mom found out"she said. I nodded. Walking to my locker people stared at me. They whispered "his sister killed people " and "he must be a freak and killer to".

I slammed my locker shut. I didn't hear anyone else. I looked down. The bell rang. Ross walked to me.

I shook my head. He hugged me. I started to cry a little. "It's ok Red. "He said. Adam ran to us. So did Jess. They hugged us to. I kept crying.

They let me go and I saw Max in front of me. I looked down. He pulled me into a hug. I cried harder.

"It's ok. We are here. I promise "he said. I backed up. "But you can't"I said. They looked at me.

I shook my head."I'm going crazy. I need to be alone"I said. I ran off.

Later

I was under a tree thinking. Then I saw Max. I nodded. "What's up"he asked. "I feel like people want me dead or unhappy. "I said. I looked at him.

"Am I one"he asked. I shook my head. "You will never be"I said. He grabbed my hand.

"I think I may want to try a relationship "he said. I looked down. "I don't want you to feel bad for me"I said.

"I'm not"he said. I looked at him. "Really"I asked. He nodded. I rested my head on his shoulder. "We can wait a little while. Maybe after the dance tonight we can talk"I said.

He nodded. He kissed the top of my head. "This is why I love you so much"he said.

I smiled. I looked up. I sat back up. He put his hand to my cheek. "Max"I said.

"Michael "he said. I smiled. He leaned forward and kissed me. I kissed back.

When we both backed up we smiled at each other. We rested our foreheads together.

"Want to be my date"he asked. I shook my head. "Let's go with the others to"I said. He nodded.

I smiled. "What a beautiful smile"he said. I blushed. "Heh"he laughed. I then rested my head on his shoulder again.

"I love you"he said. I smiled. "I love you to"I said.

Later

I put on my tux. I smiled. I walk downstairs and see Jess in a beautiful purple dress. Jason was in a tux. I smiled. She looked up at me. "Oh my"she said. I smiled. Mom looked up. "My baby boy"she said.

I laughed. There was a knock. Jess opened it. It was Ross,Adam and Max. In that order.

Max looked up at me. "You look"he paused. I walked downstairs. "Amazing "he whispered in my ear. I smiled.

"Ok. Pictures "Mom said. I rolled my eyes.

After ten million pictures we got into Jess's mom's van. I was in the back with Max.

Once we got there we walked inside. I saw everyone. "Want to dance"Jason asked Jess. Jess nodded. Adam asked Ross and they went to dance. Max looked at me.

I nodded. "Be warned I can't dance"I said.

He shrugged his shoulders. I laughed. Once we got on the dance floor it turned into a slow dance. I saw Jess at the DJ thing and she put her thumbs up.

Max looked over there. "That girl scares me"he said. I nodded. He grabbed my hand. I took it. Then we slowed danced. "So. It's the dance. Want to talk"he asked.

"I said after"I said. He let out a sigh." I have to wait that long"he whined. I smiled and nodded. He twirled me.

"Smooth"I said. He smiled. "Can we please talk"he asked. I nodded. "So I'm ready to date you. It's just I'm worried"he said. I looked at him.

"Cause when you date someone. And you truly love them. And you break up. They lose it. They lose the love"he said while twirling me again.

I looked at him. "Max. I love you. I would never want to break up with you"I said. "What if I hurt you"he asked.

"Then we can work things out. "I said. "But.."I stopped him. "No. I love you. Truly "I smiled. He dipped me.

I smiled. "Michael (last name)"He started. I nodded. "I love you"he said. He stands me back up. I smile.

"I love you to"I said. He leans in and kisses me. I kiss back. Then I hear clapping and a loud lion scream. Then more clapping. Thank you Jess.

I back up. He smiled. Then loses the smiled. I look confused. I turn around and see Ella and John. "Ella"I said. She points the gun at me.

"John what's going on "I ask. He smiles. "We both want you dead and unhappy. "He said. "Ella your my sister"I said.

"And your my brother. Your suppose to protect me"she smiled.

She aims

She fires

They scream