Prologue - J'avais tort

After crawling from the hell pit I had hoped things would turn around. I hoped that we would be able to rebuild our school, our friendships, ourselves... our relationship.

Sure, I knew all the miniature dragons and harpies wouldn't be that easy to get rid of, but I thought maybe, just maybe, things would go back to normal. Granted, normal at Silas was and is anything but normal by worldly standards. Silas has always been dangerous and chaotic, but it's always been a wonderful and fulfilling adventure.

As for our friends, I hoped that the ginger trio would reassemble to help Carmilla and I rebuild the campus and keep Kirsch alive and out of Mel's way. I thought that maybe, LaF would forgive us and Perry would be okay. I thought that after everything died down that Danny would come back and keep fighting with Kirsch over the Summer Society and the Zeta Bros.

I thought that after all this, Carm would help Danny be a vampire and Danny would help Carm be human-ish. Maybe LaF could make themselves a laser eye and Perry, Kirsch, and I would walk away with a new perspective and no PSTD whatsoever.

I desperately hoped that Carmilla and I were past all this. That we could just forget the self-sacrificing crap and all the lies and deceit. That maybe she and I would just be. That we would just be two people in love.

I was wrong.