1. Je suis tellement désolé

"So... Hey, everyone. I know I promised Car-... I know I promised I would stop with the videos after all that happened, but I couldn't just leave the story unfinished." Laura sighed and brushed her matted hair out of her face, showing the exhaustion.

"Well, I guess you all know that Carmilla and I went down to the pit to challenge the Dean and hopefully somehow save Perry. What we didn't know was that the Dean actually needed all four talismans to get through the final gate. That wouldn't have been a problem if it had been Vordenberg's heart that she needed. Turns out that when Ghost Mattie told me to 'follow my heart' she was being pretty literal."

This was hard for Laura. Harder than it should have been. Her hands were shaking, it was obvious that she hadn't showered in days, and her eyes were still red and stinging from the previous night.

"So I guess when I k-killed Vordenberg, my heart became the talisman instead of his, cause it has to be living or whatever. After LaF dropped in all Rocky and Bullwinkle style and got their eye torn out, the Dean decided to take my heart as the final talisman." Her breath was coming in shudders now, making her hope she could get through this.

"I guess it didn't matter though, cause whoever the Dean was looking for wasn't there when she opened the gate. From there it went downhill. Like it could get any worse right?" She tried to laugh at her joke, but it came out so sore and foreign, like she was just a voice in a soulless body.

Picking up her famed TARDIS mug and taking a small sip of the burning hot black coffee, she refocused, finding the camera with her tired eyes again.

"Anyways, the Dean then decided that if she couldn't have what she wanted, the world didn't deserve to continue on. She was so filed with sorrow and longing... I felt sorry for her. To want to someone back so bad to tear apart the world..." She shook her head, remembering her conversations with Carmilla shortly before the big battle. "I figured that if I could somehow show her that she could still live, that there was still h-hope... So, I forced myself up and tried to show her that. I don't really know how it worked, but I just hugged her."

She slumped back in her chair, looking out a window to the side of the camera. "I guess... that's when I d-died." She scooted back up, setting the hot cup back on the desk and continued gazing out the window. "So, once she ascended back to wherever she came from, she tried to give back what she took. She couldn't save me, but she made Carm mortal again, trying to save her from suffering I guess."

She turned her eyes to her lap to start picking at her nails. "I guess that's when Mattie popped up. Carmilla figured that if I could strike a deal to save her, she could do the same for me, especially since she was mortal now. That's exactly what she did. She challenged a damn death goddess to bring me back." Her words turned bitter, her jaw tensing, but her eyes still drawn down, showing sadness through and through.

"She won. The death goddess showed her mercy, giving her a riddle. At least, that's how Kirsch explained it." She faced the camera again. "When I came back, everything was... well it was happy and hopeful. It was exciting, new, and a bit strange. All of the sudden Carmilla was mortal, I was still alive, and Perry was back to being Perry. So, we climbed out of the pit, Carm running out of breath a lot faster than normal." She grinned the slightest bit at the thought before shaking her head and refocusing.

"When we reached the gates we found Mel and everyone else. My dad had somehow magically convinced the Bundespolizei to loan him the use of a helicopter and bring half the available armed forces to the campus, despite the obvious invasions of biblical level plagues and magical creatures." She scooted back and pulled her legs up to her chest, linking her hands around them to stop the shaking.

"After the ice cream and tetanus shots he promised, we all were booked into the only motel rooms still left with all flights grounded at the nearby airport. Thus the awful wallpaper and unpleasantly stained sheets..." She took her hands away from her legs long enough to wave around her head in her tiny gay fashion. "At first, things were fine. Kirsch and my dad were running around caring for everyone, LaF and Perry were finding comfort in old routines and their usual bickering, and Carm and I... W-Well we were just happy to be together and s-safe."

She started sniffling again, blinking her eyes rapidly to keep the tears at bay. "It didn't take long before everything fell apart. It's only been 4 days since we crawled out and Kirsch is hospitalized, Perry has shut everyone out and won't come out of her room, LaF is locked away in their makeshift lab and is throwing things at anyone who tries to talk to them, I'm just here waiting for everything to settle down before dad drags me home for a couple of months so the staff can rebuild enough to start classes again, and Carm... she's g-gone."

Laura openly started sobbing at this point, trying to speak through the sobs. "W-We fought last night. I thought we were okay, b-but... I don't know. We just got so m-mad at each other and she just w-walked away... I'm sorry. I'm so so sorry."

Her whole body was quaking with sobs, but she managed to reach forward and turn off the camera.