introduction

please note that this is from Fantastic Beasts and where to find them, and that there will be a spoiler or two.

Marie wing: A well-known wizard.

She was a simple girl, kept to herself most of the time.

She started to dislike the feeling of being left alone and out of most projects.

She was smart for her age. As a first year at Hogwarts school of Witchcraft and Wizardry, she aced almost every test she took, every that year had aspired to be her.

Her intelligence only grew and grew.

Then one year, her sixth year really, she met a boy. He was mischievous, and liked to venture out farther than the rest of the class. He was known by the name of Newt Scamander.

She got to know him and for the rest of the year they were the best of friends.

One day, Marie was just sitting during her free period, studying for her O. W. L. S. when she got a note to go to the headmasters office.

She was scared out of her mind. She didn't know what she had done wrong, matter of factly, she never did anything wrong.

"Ms. Wing, do you know why you're here today?" Professed Dumbledore had asked her.

"No sir." She said, replying quite scared. She was shaking and quite nervous.

"Your fellow classmate, Newton Artemis Fido Scamander, has put another peer into danger, nearly killing them. He is to be tried by the Wizarding Council to see if he shall be expelled or not. He wants you to help defend him, as will I." He told her.

Marie couldn't believe what she was hearing. She stopped being worried, and all her worry turned into frustration. She told Newt that he was to be careful when trying new things he didn't quite understand, and she knew exactly what he tried.

He had started to fall in love with mysterious creatures, or as some people may call them, beasts.

He cared for them, made homes for them, and even tended to their wounds, making sure that they weren't in too bad of a condition.

Marie thought it was an amazing idea, until one creature was dangerous. Very very dangerous. The thing nearly killed her.

"Thank you Professor, I'll surely be there. When is it?" She asked, with more confidence than before.

"Tomorrow, 9 a.m, don't forget Ms. Wing. " He told her sharply.

Marie then stood up, making her way to the Hufflepuff commons, and stomping up the stairs to the boys dormitory. She knew she wasn't allowed up there, but she still managed. She was a courageous soul, that's why she was placed in Gryffindor.

"SCAMANDER!" She yelled into his dorm.

"Yes?" He said as he poked his out from upon a book about caring for his creatures.

She groaned in frustration as he already acted innocent as if he didn't just pull her into something she didn't want to be apart of.

"You think you going off and harming students is gonna look good tomorrow morning? hm? what about me? I get to defend you in all of this. It isn't going to look good for me when I go to become and Auror. Now come on, tell me. Who was it?" She said, staring him down, angered.

Newt had angered the beast.

"It was Leta... Leta Lestrange..." He said, his mood bringing him down.

Marie gasped.

"Newt!!" She exclaimed.

"Why?! Why! Under any circumstance would you bring her in there and show her those beasts!" she scolded.

Newt had no response. He knew that he felt terrible about Leta, and that he ruined all chances with her.

Marie was devastated about the situation, but was bound to protect him.

"I'll see you in the morning Newt." she said and walked out.

She went to her room, and fell asleep, not worrying.

The very next morning, Marie and Newt were excused from their classes and sent to go see the Wizard Council. There, Marie prepared everything that she was going to say that would protect Newt.

She loved and cared for Newt, and she hoped that one day he would feel the same about her. But none of that was possible.

Dumbledore had told Marie and Newt not to say a word, and to let him do the talking.

After the trial, Marie was in tears, while Newt was trying to stay strong for him.

"Newt..." Marie began, choking on her sobs.

Newt immediately pulled her into a strong bear hug.

"Shh, don't say a word. Let it be. I was expelled... There's nothing we can do about it." He said, choking back his own cries.

Marie sobbed even harder. She was moving on in her school without her best friend, let alone the love of her life.

She let Newt just sit there and hold her. Eventually the two of them sat there, crying into each other, finding comfort in one another's arms.

Soon, weeks passed by, and she wrote everyday to Newt, and she knew that they were growing apart when his letters were barely showing up. She was heartbroken.

She was heartbroken when she found out the reason behind it.

Leta Lestrange had forgiven him, and the two were together.

Then years passed. No communication of Newt and Marie were ever made after that day. She felt as if she never wanted to see him again.

But just her luck.

Years later, She moved into the United States of America. She moved to New York City and became and Auror there.

And on one of her daily walks, she met a familiar face.

Newt Scamander.