four

it was etched into his features whenever he saw her. The way her smile lit up the whole room when ever she laughed. It made him smile whenever he saw her

Her voice, calming and kind, as if you were walking through a field of chamomile and daisies.

Even though he had thought he found a true love, he was wrong. so bloody wrong.

Newton though of every memory him and Marie had contained.

It kept him awake at night, and he kept looking over at her to make sure she was asleep, knowing she never slept well often.

He knew every little detail about her.

From the way she always lets her hair hang down, never wanting to put it up at all, to her favorite color. A baby blue, not too light, and never too dark. It was a perfect mixture of both.

He knew that she only took two sugars in her tea, and rarely did she ever drink coffee unless it was studying for a big exam like her O. W. L. S.

He remembered as the two of them always went to the lake with each other, her always finding rocks and skipping them, and then making crowns out of flowers just so she could place them on Newts head that way she could see how high she could make the tower on his head.

Newt sighed at all the memories and stood up, walking out of the bedroom and into the kitchen.

He pulled out his wand and whispered a faint 'lumos' into it and searched for all of the glasses and tea cups. He was unable to find the tea cups, so he took a glass off the shelf and quickly poured water into it from the faucet.

He sat down and enjoyed the silence.

"What are you doing up?" Marie asked, letting out a small yawn as she stretched her arms.

"Oh, nothing. I couldn't sleep so i decided to help Pickett get used to his home." He lied.

Marie nodded, not fully comprehending his splotchy lie. She grabbed a glass herself and filled it up with milk. She chugged it down as thirsty as could be and then rinsed the glass, placing it in the sink.

she sat beside newt and looked at him, with a soft smile.

He returned the smile and gently took her hand in his.

"A few years after Leta and I finally started dating, i realized it wasn't what I wanted. Nor was it who I wanted," Marie was confused as to what he was saying. it was foreign to her, nothing could ever have been clear to her.

"So I ended things with her," That clicked into her head. she shot up, wide awake, ears eager to hear more.

"And I found myself unable to write you. I felt strongly for you Marie, you don't understand the effect you've made on me. I wanted to rekindle our friendship, but every time i wrote something it ended up in a sappy love letter. I couldn't send it."

Marie stopped him mid story.

She yawned, feeling her eyelids getting heavy.

"I'm sorry newt, i'm very tired today. Do you think we could finish this talk in the morning?" She said unaware of the situation once more.

Newt sighed, but still gave her a smile.

"Of course." He said.

He placed his glass in the sink, and walked over to Marie, kissing her forehead and muttering a small goodnight into it.

She smiled and got up making her way back to her bed.

The next morning, Queenie was in the kitchen with Jacob, each of them having an assigned duty in the kitchen.

He set the table while she made food. She, for once, didn't use a wand to create a meal, and it was a good different for her.

"How do you like you're waffles Honey? With berries? or with other fruits?" She asked him.

Jacob shrugged. "Lets go with berries." He said giving her a smile.

Tina then walked in giving everyone a smile.

"I see Queenie is actually cooking? that's a shocker." She joked.

Soon Marie woke up, glancing over at the peacefully sleeping Newt. bits and pieces of the conversation in the night remained in her memory.

Something about Leta Lestrange and him professing his undying love for someone.

She could quite but her finger to it.

She started humming as she quickly dressed herself, using her wand, and then grabbing a brush and running it through her thick hair. Her curls soon became waves.

She heard Newt stir in his sleep. She couldn't help but look over at him, to find him with dried drool running down his chin and him sprawled out on his bed.

Marie giggled softly to herself, which then she made herself walk over to him.

"Newton.. Newt..?" She shook him gently.

He groaned slightly, still groggy.

"Queenie and Jacob made breakfast. Let's go get some." She said, keep her voice quiet as she spoke to him.

He nodded and sat up.

"You've got a little something there," She took her thumb, and licked it, and wiped the side of his chin.

Newts cheeks turned a shade of pink.

"Thank you." He said, his accent a bit raspy for his sleep.

Marie stood up, and headed for the door.

"Marie, can we talk about-" Newt was interrupted once more.

He wanted the chance to finally tell Marie his true feelings for her.

"Hurry up guys, food is ready and we gotta go find scamander s beasts. " Tina said.

Marie nodded, and started to follow Tina.

"We'll be out in just a second." She said.

Tina nodded and left the room.

"So what was it you wanted to talk about?"

"It's nothing." He said and quickly got dressed himself and walked out the door to go eat with the others.