Chapter 12

I decided to get off a while ago and just walk. Aragorn told me to not walk as a wolf it would probably spook some of the people. I wasn't planning on it anyway. I was just chatting away to Legolas who also got off the horse and let some young kids ride. I hear a loud thump and see Gimli had fallen off the horse in front of us I couldn't help but laugh. Éowyn rushes forward to him.
"It's alright, it's alright. Nobody panic. That was deliberate. It was deliberate," Gimli says. Éowyn helps him up and laughs. She looks back at Aragorn.
"Hey Gimli I think you caused an earthquake," I said. Éowyn laughs.
"You little rascal you" Gimli waves his finger at me. I laugh I even hear Legolas laughing beside me. I feel eyes on me again and look around and see Connor walking with a little girl. He quickly looks away from me. I sigh heavily and roll my eyes.
"What?" Legolas questions.
"Damn kid is looking at me again doesn't he know when he has no chance." I hear the little girl talking to him, she seems to be his younger sister.
"Connor stop looking at the elf lady she clearly isn't interested in you." And sometimes my heightened hearing comes in handy.
"Shush Hannah." I huff a laugh.
"What now?" Legolas questions. When no one is really around he drops the authoritative look and voice.
"Even his little sister knows yet he doesn't give up."
"Con look see she is taken give it up." Legolas puts and arm around me something I didn't expect him to do but I guess he was getting defensive.
"Jealous much?" I say grabbing ahold of his hand which is around my shoulders.
"No, just making sure he knows your mine."
"Sure, sure." I give him a small kiss on the cheek. I look at Aragon and he is smiling at me I guess he is happy for me. At least Legolas is here with me Arwen is so far away now.

It quickly becomes night. They make a soup which isn't very tasty I eat it anyway despite the taste. I have had to taste worse before. I hear the giggle of to little girls and look behind me to see them slowly walking up. They cling to each other when I notice them.
"Seems you have admirers," Legolas says.
"At least it's not a guy who won't give up." I feel my hair being touched and turn my head. The girls scream retreat a bit. I smile and turn back to just looking ahead. They come up and start playing with my hair. They take it out of the plait I had and start doing a braid in my hair from the top of my head. They keep giggling. I let them just play with my hair and do whatever I can easily fix it anyway. They giggle again and I can't feel them touching my hair anymore so I feel the top of my head they did a very good braid. "Thank you girls," I say turning to them. They giggle and run off back to their mothers. Legolas laughs. "Should tell them to braid your hair next," I joke.
"No, please don't." I laugh and touch his head. He pushes my hand away. "Stop." I put my hand on his head and he pushes it off. "Stop it."
"Aww will I mess up your hair."
"Yes, stop it." I touch his hair again and he grabs both of my hands and holds them in my lap. "Stop."
"Ok, ok I'll stop."
"Are you going to?"
"Yes, I promise." He lets go of my hands and I touch his hair again laughing. He wraps his arms around me so I can't move.
"I said stop," he says playfully.
"Ok I'll stop now."
"Really?"
"Really." I turn my head and kiss him.

The next morning would be the last stretch to Helm's Deep. I got a bad feeling in the air but ignored it, it seemed far enough away. Two of the soldiers ride past Legolas and I to the front.
"What is it? Háma?" One of the soldiers say. Their horses then become restless. The threat was closer than I thought.
"I'm not sure," Háma said looking around. A warg scout appears on a slope above and charges at them. The warg attacks Háma and kills him.
"Wargs!" The other soldier says. Legolas kills the warg and Orc just as it turns on the other soldier.
"A scout!" Legolas shouts to Aragorn. Aragorn runs forward I grab my bow.
"What is it? What do you see?" Théoden asks. Aragorn runs back.
"Wargs! We are under attack!" A soldier sounds an alarm and the villagers began to cry and panic.
"Get them out of here!" Aragorn shouts.
"All riders to the head of the column!" Théoden commands. Legolas gazes into the distance I run up to beside him and see many warg-riders coming fast.
"Follow me! Yah!" Théoden shouts to his men.
"Forward. I mean, charge forward! March forward! That's it! Go on!" I hear Gimli saying. I look back and see him trying to ride a horse. I run back to help him.
"Make for the lower ground! Stick together!" Éowyn yells to the villagers they start to move. As I head to Gimli I am stopped. I turn to see Connor holding my arm.
"I don't want you to fight," he says.
"What's it's to you."
"You will get hurt."
"Kid let go or you will seriously regret it." He lets go of my arm and I swiftly jump into the back of the horse Gimli is on grabbing the reins and riding for him. I see Legolas aim at a ward rider. He draws to hit another. "Just keep the horse steady alright," I say to Gimli handing the reins back to him and jumping off. As we approach Legolas runs back and jumps in the horse Gimli is on anyway. The warg riders yell as they come into view.
"CHARGE!!" Théoden yells. I fire arrows at what wargs as I can before they get close. Then I turn into a wolf and start killing them that way. The soldiers are too busy fighting the wargs to notice. I see Gimli pinned under many bodies and a warg heading to him. I run and jump over the pile attacking the advancing warg I kill it with one swift bite to the neck. They were just like wolves only their blood tasted bad like the Orcs. I look up from killing the warg to see Aragorn with his ankle stuck in the saddle straps. I try to grab him but the warg hits me sooner than I anticipated. It rolls over me and off the edge I fall but quickly turn back to an elf grabbing the ledge with one hand the rock cutting into my hand. I watch as Aragorn plummets to the water below. "Come back brother," I mutter. I can feel the rock cutting my hand even more. I reach up with the other just in time before my hand drops. It hurt so bad to hold on. "Aragorn!" I hear Legolas shout.
"Aragon?" Gimli calls. I was too busy concentrating on not falling that I didn't call out. I tried to find a foot hold before my other hand gave out. I hadn't grabbed onto the very edge of it, I fell a little down. I considered jumping down to the waters but didn't want to take the risk.
"Alea!" I suddenly hear a very worried Legolas yell. I look up to see him looking over the cliff.
"I'm fine." He reaches down and pulls me up. Gimli standing beside Legolas helps me up the rest of the way. My right hand a little cut up but it was fine.
"Get the wounded on horses. The wolves of Isengard will return. Leave the dead," Théoden says to his men. He looks to me when he says wolves. He knew I was the wolf who fought for them. Legolas suddenly turns anger in his face. Théoden puts a hand on his shoulder. "Come." He leaves us to just stare down into the river. Legolas grabs my hands studying the small, cuts on them. "They are fine," I say pulling my hands back and walking away.
"You should have gone with the others," Connor said he seemed angry. I turned and grabbed his collar pulling him up.
"You better quickly realise that I can kill you in 2 seconds. Mere seconds that you will regret ever telling me that I cannot fight. Wounds are apart of battle, where are yours." I pushed him to the ground. "Coward." He stood right up.
"Women should not be fighting!" He yelled at me. I growled turning to a wolf and pinning him to the ground. I growled in his face snapping my teeth millimetres from his nose. I heard him whimper.
"Alea! You will not kill my men no matter how ignorant they may be," Théoden ordered.
"Learn to be afraid of me Connor," I growled low and menacingly in his face. He whimpers and I get off turning back into an elf. He drew the last straw I have had enough.
"You Wolf elves and your short tempers," Théoden mumbles I chose to ignore him but I wanted to punch his face. I also noticed that Legolas did nothing to stop me from almost killing Connor.