Chapter 15

We are in the hall of the Keep trying to barricade up the door.
"The fortress is taken. It is over," Théoden says grim. I nurse my sore shoulder which I can feel is just getting numb to the pain. Aragorn and Legolas carry a table to the door.
"You said this fortress would never fall while your men defend it! They still defend it! They have died defending it!" Aragorn says trying to encourage Théoden. "Is there no other way for the women and children to get out of the caves?" Aragorn ask and gets no answer. The just sound of my shoulder as I crack it whilst moving it. "Is there no other way?"
"There is one passage. It leads into the mountains. But they will not get far. The Uruk-hai are too many," Gamling says.
"Send word for the women and children to make for the mountain pass. And barricade the entrance," Aragorn commands.
"So much death. What can men do against such reckless hate?" Théoden asks. Aragorn pauses for a moment.
"Ride out with me. Ride out and meet them."
"For death and glory."
"For Rohan. For your people."
"The sun is rising," Gimli observes. I remember what Gandalf said.
"Look to my coming at first light on the fifth day. At dawn, look to the east."
"Yes. Yes! The horn of Helm Hammerhand shall sound in the deep one last time!" Théoden says.
"Yes!" Gimli excitedly steps up to the horn.
"Let this be the hour when we draw swords together. Fell deeds awake. Now for wrath! Now for ruin! And a red dawn!" Théoden yells. He mounts his horse and the sound of the horn rumbles through Helm's Deep.
"FORTH EORLINGAS!!" Théoden roars. Théoden leads the charge out of the keep into the Hornburg. We slash as the Uruk-hai as we pass with out stopping. We storm out of the gate and down the Causeway right into the waiting Uruk-hai. I look east and see a white rider against the rising sun. I look to Aragorn.
"Gandalf," he says. Éomer and his riders come up behind Gandalf.
"Éomer!" Théoden cries.
"To the King!" Éomer yells. They charge down the slope the rising sun blinds the Uruk-hai. They crash into battle. The Uruk-hai begin to flee. We chase after them. A forest that suddenly appeared during the night stands and the Uruk run into it. Éomer rides out in front.
"Stay out of the forest! Keep away from the trees!" He commands. The Uruk scream and cry as the trees kill them. We ride back to Helm's deep as all Uruk die.

I see Gimli sitting on a Uruk smoking a pipe. Legolas walks up to him and I start walking towards them.
"Final count.....42." Legolas says. I smirk I beat him.
"Forty-two? That's not bad for a pointy-eared Elvish princeling. I myself am sitting pretty on 43," Gimli gloats. Legolas draws and arrow and shoots the Uruk-hai between Gimli's legs.
"Forty-three," Legolas says smirking.
"He was already dead."
"He was twitching."
"He was twitching......because he's got my axe," Gimli grabs his axe which is in the head of the Uruk and moves it so the dead Uruk moves too. "embedded in his nervous system!"
"Boys, boys, boys," I say crossing my arms.
"I don't suppose you came to kill the dead Uruk too," Gimli says wiggling the Uruk again.
"No I came here to tell you, you both lost."
"What?!" Legolas and Gimli say at the same time with a shocked look.
"Try fifty boys. Told you to keep up." I grab one of Legolas' arrow and hit the dead Uruk. "Fifty-one."
"It's dead!" Gimli exclaims.
"I still beat you," I gloat. Gimli grabs his axe and runs after me. It doesn't quite come out of the Uruk-hai and he trips himself. I laugh.
"I'll get you Miss just you wait," Gimli says standing up brushing himself off and grabbing his pipe.