1

Heal (Chanbaek)
Chapter 1

"Baekhyun, can you promise me something?"

"Yes, Mrs. Park?"

"Promise me you will take care of Chanyeol when he's older."

"Yes, I will. I promise."

"Good... Can I tell you something?"

"Yes ma'am."

"I...have a heart disease and...I'm not going to live for long... Please...help Chanyeol when he needs help, when he needs comfort."

"Yes, I will."

"Thank you so much. I love you."

"I love you too, Mrs. Park."

Present time.

Baekhyun holds Chanyeol's hand whilst walking to the hospital for his daily checkup. Chanyeol, you see, is mute and deaf. He can only see out of his eyes and nothing else. Some people call it a big deal but some do not. Ever since Chanyeol's mother passed away, Baekhyun been keeping him safe and happy, just like he promised her. Baekhyun stops in front of the hospital and smiles at his childhood friend.

"Go inside. I know you're hungry right now but I'll get you something to eat, okay?" Baekhyun pats his back before turning around to leave. Chanyeol quickly grabs his hand, Baekhyun glances at him with a warm smile. The taller is like a baby since he's mute. But he has a good reading of lips and facial expressions. Usually youngsters like him who has these type of problems cannot solve them but the hospital that he goes to can put the bits and pieces together.

The hospital can repair Chanyeol.

"Hmm, what is it?" Baekhyun asks, Chanyeol tugs on his long sleeve shirt. "I thought you were hungry?" Baekhyun looks down at Chanyeol's clothed stomach which was rumbling, making his shirt vibrate as well.

Chanyeol pulls Baekhyun with him in the hospital to the older's surprise. He stopped dragging him when they reached the main desk to sign in. A lady appears from behind the desk with a clipboard. "Are you here for an appointment?" She asks plainly while moving a strand of hair to the back of her ear.

"Ah uh, yes. I am." Baekhyun says, blushing slightly because of his loud speaking problems.

"Okay. Write down the patient's name." The woman places the clipboard on the desk.

Baekhyun grabs the pen and writes on the sign in paper. Chanyeol looks around the hospital, his curious mind wondering what does it sound like. Then his gaze turns back to the woman. She grins and waves at him. In Chanyeol's ears, the welcoming words were inaudible. He frowns at the feeling of being deaf. He do not mind being mute because he does not have to talk to people.

"Please sit in the waiting area." The lady says to Baekhyun and he nods, taking Chanyeol's hand once again and walked with him to the area.

Baekhyun plops down in a ruby red chair inside the waiting room with Chanyeol. He looks around, there is multiples of people waiting to be called. It was so crowded that even Chanyeol felt uncomfortable when his bare skin was touched when somebody was trying to move. A couple of boys walks up to the friends with a friendly grin.