4

Heal (Chanbaek)
Chapter 4

*

Chanyeol sits in a grassy field, staring at the lake not too far from him. He felt a pain in his lower half, he looks down to see his feet slowly perishing into nothing but air.

He stopped believing, huh? Chanyeol thought and lays down in the grass. This is it. This is how he dies completely. He was already dead but his soul was ongoing. Now that his childhood friend stopped believing in him, Baekhyun's memories of Chanyeol is going to vanish like he never existed in the first place.

Tears blurs his eyesight.

I wanted to live longer y'know...

(Flashback.)

"Chanyeol do you think I can grow up and be strong like you?" A 5 year old Baekhyun questions the sort of taller boy.

Chanyeol ruffles the boy's head and smiles, "Of course."

"I want to be friends forever and ever Chanyeol. Can you promise me that we'll be friends forever?" Baekhyun holds out his pinky with a grin on his lips.

"Yeah, I promise." Chanyeol locks his pinky with Baekhyun's, also grinning.

"If you break a promise, you break God's heart~" Baekhyun singsong and lays his head on Chanyeol's lap. "Chanyeol can I tell you something?" Baekhyun chirps up, his voice cracking.

"Yeah, tell me what's up."

"I love you. Don't forget that, okay?" Baekhyun smiles cutely, raising his hands to cup Chanyeol's cheeks.

"I love you too." Chanyeol says back and places two fingers on his own lips to Baekhyun's lips.

Indirect kiss.

(Flashback end.)

By the time he stopped thinking about it, Baekhyun stood before him huffing and puffing.

"Chanyeol..." He makes his way over to him. His tears are stained on his cheeks, unable to cry anymore. Chanyeol doesn't budge from his spot, only looking at him with a straight face.

"W-what will happen when you perish completely..?" Baekhyun's voice shakes as he sits down beside Chanyeol. He didn't want to ask. Why did his body want to believe but his heart didn't?

Chanyeol, unable to answer him, just looks at him.

"Your eyes are telling me that your memories are going to be erased from my mind." Baekhyun balls up his fists, "Is it true, Chanyeol? Don't lie to me..." He says through gritted teeth.

All Chanyeol does is nod his head, earning a whimpering Baekhyun on the ground curled up in a ball.

"No!" He yells out like his mother did after she knew her son was dead. "I can't do this anymore!" Baekhyun shouts with his hands to his head.

"I can't lose another friend, no!"

Another friend..?

"Please tell me if I start believing again, you'll be healed and none of this would be real..." Baekhyun mumbles, sprawling out on the grass like a carpet. Chanyeol glances at his nonexistent feet which was already gone.

"Can you at least say one word, Chanyeol?"

Chanyeol shakes his head.

"You're dead so why can't you?"

Chanyeol shudders at the word 'dead', he didn't know that Baekhyun could state words so coldly.

"Please don't disappear from my life, Chanyeol!" Baekhyun screams out, holding onto him, "Without my best friend I can't..." The shorter one was broken. All he wanted was to live with his best friend in his house with the others.

He was in a daze that Chanyeol didn't want him to be in.

The internal daze.

His eyes are blank and colorless. Just all the color drained from his body. Now his skin is pale like he's ill. Maybe he is ill.

Chanyeol gently shakes him when he sees Baekhyun frozen with grief. The giant's lower region is gone. Only his top half is there. He pokes him in the stomach to see if he'll have a reaction.

Nothing.

"Can I say something before you go to where you belong?" Chanyeol jumps at his words because he says it without warning. He hesitantly bobs his head.

Baekhyun lays his head on his nonexistent lap, "I love you. Don't forget that, okay?" Chanyeol's eyes widened. He did this long ago as children. Does he possibly remembers?

Baekhyun smiles sadly and reaches his hand upwards to cup Chanyeol's cheek.

Chanyeol places two fingers on his own lips. Before he could do anything, Baekhyun shoots up rather quickly and pecks him on the lips.

"You're suppose to say I love you too, you idiot."

That's when Chanyeol perish completely, changing the whole timeline.

End of Chapter 4