2

Heal (Chanbaek)
Chapter 2

"Whoa!" Sehun's first impression of Baekhyun's house was mouthwatering. Which means that it's Sehun's dream house. "This is so cool! So much better than our parents house!" Baekhyun found Sehun's excitement to be adorable.

"Shall we go inside?" Baekhyun offered to the three boys and they nodded their heads. They all walked inside the house. The three checked out the rooms, running around everywhere. It's big enough to have 10 bedrooms.

"This is basically a hotel!" Baekhyun heard Sehun shout from upstairs on the third floor. Baekhyun chuckled and found himself sitting in the living room on the couch, watching television. Chanyeol messes with his ears, trying to figure out what the microchips do. Tao flips to the living room, landing perfectly on both feet. The two applauds as Tao bows to them, thanking them for welcoming them in their humbled abode.

"Hey, Tao...can you talk?" Baekhyun suddenly questions the young boy. He instantly froze up in fear when Baekhyun's lips moved. He don't understand lip movement. So Chanyeol translates it for him.

"He asked if you can speak."

"I can but I don't know how."

"I am mute so I can't speak. If you learn lips like Sehun and I, you can understand what people tell you."

"I'm learning in school."

"Really? Oh, okay. Baekhyun could teach you if you're interested."

"Can he read sign language?"

"A little bit. I'm teaching him."

"Oh...well, sure. I'm interested in knowing."

"Great!"

Baekhyun looks at them puzzled at their conversation. "Um, are you guys hungry?" He asks, shaking off his confusion.

Chanyeol just nodded. Baekhyun pushes himself up from the couch and moved to the kitchen. Chanyeol pats the space beside him on the couch.

"You can sit if you want." Tao walks over to him and sat down in the space.

"I've never felt so safe in my life." Tao slightly smiles which made Chanyeol happy.

"Well, I'm glad. I'm happy I have friends other than Baekhyun." Chanyeol kicks his feet off the ground repeatedly in a slow pace.

"I can tell...that you're keeping a secret from him." Tao says which surprises Chanyeol, "Every time you listen to him, you glance away like you did something wrong."

Chanyeol gulped. "What's wrong with you? Why are you hiding things from your best friend?" Tao kept on questioning him like a protective sibling would.

"Because...I wasn't born mute and deaf. I was once normal like other people..." Chanyeol finally says, breathing in.

"What happened?"

"My dad abused me to the point my ears won't work...and my voice box."

"Oh my god, Chanyeol, I am so sorry."

"It's fine... I finally lost my human abilities at the age of 5."

"Does Baekhyun remembers?"

"No...he don't."

"You have to tell him!"

"Why? He'll just care for me more. I don't want him to worry."