Sol y Luna

Hi, I wrote this micro-fiction for my creative writing class and I got an A+ on it and I figured I'd share it with you all since this does kinda correlate with the story. 

Who knows? Maybe this was the prologue of Camila's book, 'Circus Fantasy.' 

Anyways...here it is.  

Sol y Luna

By

Jennifer Juarez (das me)

Love began in the universe, headed to our solar system, and reached the Sun and the Moon. Both saw each other from a distance—the Moon admired how bright the Sun shined, bringing light to everyone who needed it. The Sun admired phases of the Moon only giving parts of itself to show.

From a distance they fell in love, and only from a distance could they admire each other. For the Moon orbits the earth and earth orbits the Sun, and they could never collide.

Both knew this romance could never be, not completely.

The Moon was slowly drifting out of the earth's gravitational pull. She knew one day she would no longer be in the Sun's reach.

The Sun knew she couldn't shed warmth forever—a time would come where she'd shine no more. They were doomed from the start.

Every time the earth orbited around the Sun, the Sun would turn to the Moon and say, "I wish I could bring you warmth, I know you get cold at night."

The Moon replied, "I pretend you're close to me and my soul warms up. You are far, but you keep me warm."

"What I would give to be close to you."

"What would you give?"

"All the stars in the universe, I'll tie them together and let them be a big giant star—maybe even another sun— so I could orbit around you."

"You know what I'd give?"

"What?"

"Everything. Because nothing shines as brightly or burns as hot as you. Nothing is more important than having you close to me."

The Moon and the Sun watched as the earth went from being tight-knit with its continents to going separate ways.

"Such fool," the Sun huffed. "How dare the continents grow apart? What I'd give to be close to you, and yet the planet that keeps us apart comes together or apart as much as it pleases."

"I don't envy it."

"What?" the Sun felt sadness.

"Distance didn't give us love, we did. We chose to love despite all instances telling us it was impossible. And here we are, proclaiming love in songs, poems, actions...all while apart."

"You have always been so wise. It's something I love about you."

"And I you." the Moon paused. "I think I know why we never collided."

"Why?"

"If we collide, then love would never exist beyond us. That's not fair, everyone should experience love like ours."

"So we'll never collide because love needs to spread?"

"Yes. We always tell each other we'd give anything to be together. We'd sacrifice for love. Shouldn't we sacrifice so others could love? Those who love will love because of us. Every love story will have remnants of ours. We didn't collide here, but we'll collide in every love story to ever exist. Isn't that beautiful?"

The Sun beamed. "I'll choose you in every love story. I'll sacrifice this story to be with you in the rest of them."

This is how love was made.