Intro

The cold wind gripped onto my skin, causing shivers to run down my spine. It was a chilly day and although I wasn't a fan of the freezing cold I somehow managed to make myself feel content with the harsh wind blowing at me. With a sigh I watched carefully as my breath formed a cloud past my lips. I lived alone and am on my way back to my barren and lifeless apartment. Nothing special really happened in my life, I had a few friends but they had their own lives. It wasn't a burden on me but watching them make something of themselves made me feel like a waste. I still lived off my parents' money, many would think I was lucky but when all you know is security and shelter it makes you unaware of the hardships of the real world. My parents always babied me. I would always get called a spoiled brat who couldn't live without my mommy and daddy's money, which is basically true. I never was taught how to live on my own. Once, I brought up wanting to be on my own. My mother cried and my father got frustrated with me. With another sigh I ran my fingers through my hair and shivered again, but for a different reason. My eyes locked on my apartment window, the curtain was pulled back and a dark figure ran across the frame. Within seconds I sprinted up the entry way and barged into my apartment, breathing heavily.

"Who's here?" I stated calmly, I was so needy for action, for something other than the same old routine I've lived in for years. My head jerked towards the sound of something shattering in my kitchen, with slow steps I prepared for the worst.

"The cops are on their way, so I'd run while you can." Silence was all that came back to me. Swiftly, I peeked into the kitchen. On the white tile floor lied a shattered vase, the roses that once occupied the broken piece were scattered across the floor, leaving a trail. Quietly I followed, slowly making my way back to the window. My breath hitched as I saw a horned figure stand before me, with a blink of my eyes it was gone. The only thing letting me know that it wasn't my imagination was the single rose rested on the window sill.

"Who- What was that?" I mumbled, shaking it off and blaming it on my drowsiness.

-

Don't ignore me. Don't anger me like this when I already can't control myself. You're driving me crazy. I need you.