1. Claim Me

I lingered in front of the mirror, frowning at the reflection looking back at me. I swiped my hand across the glass that reflected back my appearance. Tattered hair and swollen eyes, why? I was restless. I could no longer sleep. I woke up from nightmares that I classified as the most nerve wracking thing I've ever known. It was me in a forest, alone and injured. I was running, running away from a dark entity. I always tripped over the same tree root, glancing behind me only to face two glowing red orbs. The creature leaned in towards me, fangs visual. It'd always pause and growl before asking me one question.

"You belong to me, don't you know?"

I'd frantically shake my head, every time. The creature would then hiss and darkness consumed me before I woke up shaking. Every time I awoke, three new scratch marks would be on my arm. But today, this time, a new marking was on me. A bite mark now littered my collarbone. I sighed and headed back to my room, plopping on my bed and turning on the television as I yanked my old clothing off. I switched into a large black shirt with a pair of boxers then began to find a station that would help me stay awake. I didn't want to sleep. I couldn't. It would take me. I couldn't.

Bang.

I flinched at the sudden noise. My eyes clenched, the feeling in my gut telling me to run. Get away before it gets you. Footsteps were echoing throughout my empty apartment, getting louder meaning that whatever was here was nearing me.

"Please..." I whimpered.

"What is my angel begging for?" It said lowly, making fear course through me as its breath fanned over my neck.

"W-What do you want? Why won't you leave me alone?" I frowned deeply, shaking slightly as I heard a sigh.

"Look at me when you speak." It demanded. With hesitance I opened my eyes and met the same red orbs.

"What did I do to deserve this?" I whispered. I was too afraid of ruining the peace that radiated from the being. It'd be foolish of me to test its patience when I didn't even know what it was or what it wanted from me.

"My angel..." It raised its hand up, revealing sharp nails that were black. I flinched when it ran them through my hair. "You don't know it yet. Until you do I can't take care of you." Its cold hand pulled away and locked eyes with me until they began to wander. Slowly its gaze eyed me up and down. "You make it so hard for me not to take you here and now. Are you purposely emitting your innocence to tease me, angel?" I froze when its nails scraped against my thighs. It only stung the slightest.

I watched a show once. The kid being tormented cast away the evil entity. With a shout of his demand, the entity vanished. Would that work now? If it didn't I was probably going to be a goner. I didn't have much to lose anyways so it wasn't like it was something I had to consider before acting upon.

"Leave me alone! Never visit me again! Go back to where you came from!" Before I could comprehend the sudden shade change in its red orbs, it had me pushed back against the bed with its hands clenched around my throat. I gasped for air, shoving and pushing at the figure that now glared at me.

"I don't take orders from you, human!" It spat. "You're so naïve, so innocent. A vixen made to make me weak on my knees." It loosened its grip. I was confused with its words but I let a sob wrack through my body. When my tears began falling, the figure grinned. It licked its bottom lip before licking away my fresh tears. The action made me shiver and melt within its grasp. "You don't know just how valuable you are."

"Please. I have no knowledge of what you're speaking of. I haven't the slightest clue as to what I did to be in this situation. You'll lead me to kill myself if you keep tormenting me this way." My words rushed out, a frown etched into my face. His soft gaze switched to one of anger.