Her - BasicallyIDoWrk

because this song mentions in the first part that it's a small town, i'm juST gonna use my hometown, Mount Airy in North Carolina lmao

Mount Airy.  A small town, word goes around fast. People dropping dead quickly from overdosing on drugs, it's quite a terrible town.

  It's a small town. Word gets around. And travels in circles, through hoops, over hurdles.  

But it has nice people, that's why I'm still here. It also has who I believe to be the love of my life. He thinks differently. 

Though, with the increase of drugs, people who were high were careless. They talked about the mess me and him were in without caring how I felt about it. It hurts. 

 Everyone's careless. They talk about our mess. They don't care how it hurts me. Must think it was easy

They say he has a new love. 

I ran into him in the ice cream parlor I came to every weekend with my babysitter as a child. "Oh hey, (Y/N)!" He said cheerfully, his smile bright as ever. "Oh, hey." I whispered, trying not to let him hear the cracking in my voice. I kept my head down, I knew if I saw all of his features, memories would come flashing back and the tears already threatening to spill over would come flowing like water from a broken dam. "I, uh, I heard you got a girlfriend. I'm happy for you, love." 

"Simone! Come meet (Y/N)!" He shouted at a woman with amazing features. Practically perfect. I shook my head hastily, "No, no. It's fine. No need to call her over." 

"Why not?"

"I.." I couldn't get the words to form, I was still heartbroken. He seemed to have moved on just fine, and I didn't want to show him how badly I was hurt. But I didn't want him thinking that getting over him was easy. 

It wasn't and I'm not even fully over him.

"I just don't want to meet her." 

Are you gonna keep her?

"Why wouldn't you wanna meet her? I'm happy.. you're happy!" He said, not being able to wrap his mind around the fact that someone like me wouldn't want to meet such a beautiful human being. 

"'Cause I don't want to see you with her. I don't want to see her face, resting in your embrace. Her feet standing in my place." I said, with confidence.

I don't wanna see that you've moved on. I don't think that I'm that strong. 

"It hasn't been that long, Marcel! Since I was the one in yours arms." 

-

Hey, I just wanted to get a oneshot out before I left for like 3 days lol 
Also, I've been told that not many people like it when someone uses 'i' and 'me' during xreader things. 
I use 'i' and 'me' because it's in your, the reader's, pov. 
Hope I'm not frustrating any of you ha