Time To Bring Out The Guards

AN

Double upload ;)

Well, actually not really... sort of. I'm not sure if this is gonna be a real chapter or a teaser, because well... I'm still writing it as we speak.  Or as you read.  Whatever. 

But OMG! I was totally not expecting EMILY to be the one who walked in.  Seriously, I was already poised and ready to type Luke, but then, THEN, my fingers seemed to have a mind of their own, and BAM! I wrote the last paragraph.  It was shocking really.

ENJOY! (:

ALLY

Emily.

Emily?

EMILY?

What the fuck is she doing here?  Not that I would expect her to think she can't be here, because it's not like we weren't friends, technically, it's just... Unexpected... A little... Okay, more like a lot...

And Luke was coming here.  He didn't know Emily was here.  If he didn't take the time to smell her scent out...

We'd be caught.

Shit.

"So, Ally, how is life?" Emily asked, her tone sounding innocent as she walked idly around my room.  It was as if she was waiting for something.  And that, alone, was alarming.

Emily was no longer giving off the friendly feeling that she had when I had met her in the kitchen.  In fact, she was kind of radiating the opposite.  She felt... evil, in a way, and my wolf was screaming warnings that I couldn't pick out in the back of my head.  Her eyes would not meet mine, despite the fact that she continuously glanced in my direction as she inspected my room.  I remained where I was, seated on the bed, opening my wolf up to let her sense the emotions and danger in the air.  If something went wrong with this, then I was letting her have free reign. 

"Life?  If you haven't noticed, I've been arguing with Luke.  How about you?" I asked sweetly, twisting my head as she began to move behind me.  My wolf was not about to allow any sign of weakness to show. 

"Oh, I've been pretty good.  Although, there is this one pesky thing that I just cannot seem to get rid of."  She whipped to face me dangerously, nostrils flaring.  Whoa, bitch on a rampage.  I felt the hairs on the back of my neck prickle up, and my mouth opened, allowing a snarl to rip through the room.  That thoroughly startled the both of us, as we both stared at each other, wide eyed.  Her vengeful expression soon returned though, as she stomped her way over to me.

"Why you little-"

SLAM!

The ricocheting of the door off of the wall behind us sent us both spinning in the direction of my bedroom enterance.  Claire was standing there, cautiously regarding her twin with eyes narrowed, before turning to me and smiling.  My saving grace.

"Hey Ally, just thought you'd like some company," she announced, sending Emily a reproachful look before settling herself down on the bed beside me.  "I think someone was looking for you, out there," she said vaguely, obviously dismissing her pissed off sister.  Emily growled deep in her throat before slamming out of the bedroom.

"Well," I hummed, exhaling the breath I hadn't realized I was holding.

"Luke sent me," Claire murmured.  "He was on his way to see you when he smelt out Emily. He didn't know she was like this though... Or he woulda been here instantly."

"That's alright," I shrugged.  "I had it handled."  I flopped back onto the bed.  "It was kind of unexpected though, I mean, I thought it was Luke coming.  I didn't even bother searching for the scent."