Kung Fu

I had just started to get used to life in Paris. It had been two weeks since my first akuma, but I wasn't any more used to the random attacks.

I had begun to expect the unexpected. Still, I was a bit surprised when I ran into a short Chinese man waiting outside of school.

He was standing around the corner when we got out, and nearly ran right into me, dropping a box he held. Now having a soft spot for boxes, I apologized. Profusely. In Elvish.

"Pardon me," The man stammered, "but I can't understand what you're saying."

Does everyone speak English?

Somehow I doubt it.

"Sorry!" I realized that I was speaking Tengwar at the last second. "I'm so sorry, sir. Were you looking  for someone?"

"Yes." He looked nervous. "Marinette and Adrien, have you seen them?" He stroked his goatee.

I have to admit, not many people can pull off both a goatee and a mustache, but this guy does it well.

"Yes, Marinette's actually my cousin." I smiled. "Um... there she is, with her boyfriend." I pointed. "Sorry, I didn't catch your name."

"Master Fu." The man smiled. "Would you care for a croissant? I just came from the bakery."

"A croissant sounds lovely right now." I agreed. "But I'll snag one when I get home. Bye, Master Fu!" I smiled brightly, walking away. However, I did watch closely as he took Marinette and Adrien aside. He opened his box, and their faces lit up with wonder and excitement.

That guy's weird.

Don't have to tell me twice.

I didn't tell you. You butted in on my thoughts.

It's what I'm here for.

Would you two just shut up? I'm trying to sleep and your arguing is driving me mad!

"Oh, not you!" I groaned, waiting for Marinette and her boyfriend to finish with the Chinese man. Adrien's limo was supposed to take us home. Obviously, said limo was late. I crossed my arms and huffed.

"Oh look, it's the loser with the pathetic name!" Crowed a familiar voice. "Hey - hey, Jailie! Who bailed you, your drunk father?"

I spun around, hatred in my eyes. "Piss off, Chloe." I spat in the blonde girl's face.

"Oh, I'm sorry, did I happen upon a sensitive subject?" She laughed at me. "Retard probably doesn't even have a father!"

I counted to ten in my brain. It didn't help.

Un deux trois quatre cinq six sept huit neuf-

SHUT THAT LADY UP OR I SWEAR-

That weird Chinese dude is looking at us.

Not at us, above us!

I looked up. A familiar black butterfly hovered just in sight around the corner, waiting. If there ever was a venomous butterfly, it was that akuma. And somehow, I knew it was waiting for me.

I took a deep breath. "I'd rather have no dad than a dad that lets you paint your face for a living."

"Weak!" Chloe shrieked. "I bet your mom had to teach you everything, huh? How do you live with only one parent? Is it like living lopsided?"

I blinked.

"I bet it was your fault that your dad doesn't exist." Chloe smirked down at me. "He probably got tired of putting up with you and your retard mom!"