Sleepy Monster

There were several things that messed me up concerning that patrol.

Paris was seven freaking hours ahead of Texas, meaning that my entire sleep schedule has been completely messed up for three and a half weeks. On top of that, I had patrol of the entire city that took three hours. Most of it was Ladybug and Chat explaining how being a superhero works. Apparently, both of them knew who I was in my civilian form, but I wasn't allowed to know about them until I had completely proven myself. According to Ladybug, it could be anywhere from a week or a year.

That didn't in any way make me feel better. I felt like I was missing big clues about it, but I honestly had no idea.

Alya was no help either. For running the Ladyblog, she seemed to be surprisingly obstinate in not telling me who the f*** Ladybug was.

"Sel!" Marinette shook me awake. "Time for school!"

"I literally just got into my bed," I complain. "Leave off, cuz."

"I'm three hours late already from sleeping in!"

"S***." I lazily rolled out of bed. "G****** f****** s***. How long did that - er - party last?"

"So that's why you were out so late last night," Marinette remarked snarkily.

I quickly realise my mistake. "Piss off, Mari. I've got better s*** to do than go to school three hours late."

"You curse a lot when you're tired."

"I appreciate the observation."

You do curse a lot when you're tired.

"Piss off," I mutter.

Hey, not my fault. My brain decided to play a loop of Chloe calling me retarded.

School was miserable that day. Not only did I mutter to myself all through the day, I made the mistake before my last class of calling my mom and telling her that my voices had really been bothering me.

"We'll call your therapist right away," Mom promised. "Now go to class."

"I don't need a therapist," I said quickly, realising my mistake. "I'm fine, I just wanted to let you know. You said to let you know, right? So I am."

"Sel, if you're getting bothered by your voices, they must be pretty damn bad."

I quickly became quiet for several reasons.

One, Mom just swore at me.
Two, she's right.

"Just - keep this quiet, okay?" I look around. "I don't need it getting around at school that I'm some sort of freak."

"Sure, sweets." Mom assured me. "I'll call her right away, okay? Have fun, son!"

She hung up quickly, and I sighed in relief. If there was one thing Mom could do, it's relate hella well to how I'm feeling.

Your mother is a great woman.

We should give her more credit.

We're late for class, doofuses.

I curse, quickly sliding into my next class just before my name is called for role.

"Sel!"

I look up quickly, very confused. "What?"

They've been calling us for about ten minutes now.

Idiot! At the most, three. Probably just two!

You always were an overreactive bastard.

Look alive, b*****s. It's Chat.

I look at the green-eyed boy in front of me. "Oh, hi, sorry. Just in my head."

"There's an akuma," Chat explains. "We kinda need Nyllis right about now."

I groan, opening my bag and allowing Nyllis out. I grumbled something about bacon and transformed.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm as sleepy as s***.

I stumble outside as Chat leaps in front of me with his usual nimbleness. My eyes open to see a tall man with black hair and eyes in an obvious scene-kid style floating level to the tallest buildings in Paris.

I heave a great sigh, bending down and leaping at him with full jaguar strength. However, I misjudge the distsnce - instead of ripping apart the obvious akuma-infected MCR CD, I just land fully on top of the man. We plummet to the ground, and as I attempt to twist to land on my feet, something odd happens.

Sleep.
Sleep.
Sleep.
Sleep.
Sleep.
Sleep.
Sleep.
Sleep.

As I plummet to the sidewalk, I lose consciousness.