Her

Washington D.C January 2014

He could taste everyone's spike in anxiety. He could see the fear making the pulse in all the men's veins spike. It was palpable even without the semi-automatics pointing at him that all the people in the room were wary of him. Yet, even with the guns trained on him aimed at vital parts of his anatomy, he knew they wouldn't pull the trigger. They never did. As much as they feared him, they were in awe of him. They needed him. Even in his confused agitated state he knew that.

And more, he knew he could easily deflect the bullets with his left arm while using the closest body as a shield easily taking down the remaining men which happened to be a man in a white lab coat - throat crushed.

The man was small and pudgy with a receding salt and pepper hair line. His glasses were lying next to his corpse the left lens cracked like ice kissing glass.

The man seemed familiar to him that caused a cold dread and panic to erupt in his veins. A drill of pain exploded in his skull and as a result his metal arm lashed out and claimed its latest victim.

When the flashing lights ebbed and his mind focused on the situation around him. He realized it was one of his doctor that he killed. The man was inspecting his arm making sure nothing was at fault.

Now the director - leader - Pierce was inspecting him. The crow's feet around his eyes were tight as his lips were pursed in displeasure from his latest unauthorized kill. The room was silent and he kept his eyes focused in front of him. His focal point was the lock on the cell door that kept him in the cell inside this Hydra base.

In his peripheral, he saw Pierce wave his hand, the guns dropped. "Bring in the girl." He ordered.

Entering the room was a young woman. 5'2'' with olive skin, hourglass figure emphasized by skin tight black jeans and a white form fitting long sleeve V-neck. She had on white converses that had a skid mark on the toes on her left foot. She was wearing multiple bracelets - silver. She had a long pendent hanging from her neck. It was a tree, but the trunk was the shape of a spiral - DNA. Her thin fingers were covered in multiple rings - bands. She had a hoop in her left nostril. She had black hair that looked to be in some type of twists that made it look bulky as it rested in a ball on top of her head. It was peculiar to him.

Her body was shaking though. He suspected fear even before he got to her face where he would be able to read anything. He was partially right. Her cheeks were flushed and they glistened from the fluorescent lights giving away she was crying before coming inside the room. Her eyes were puffy and enflamed.

Her eyes were a vibrant emerald, he didn't think he ever seen before. They were dimming by the second as fear and surprisingly anger clouded them almost turning them into a forest green.

Pierce took a seat in the vacant stool breaking him of his assessment of the girl.

"You do not kill this young woman. Understand."

It was an order. He knew better to defy orders. Defying orders led to the clamps on the chair locking him in. Surprisingly, his outburst hadn't led to that yet. "Yes, sir."

Pierce looked at him uncertain before he stood and buttoned his winter coat, "Get rid of the body when she's done."

The Soldier watched as Pierce left not even glancing at the woman who was out of place in the room. He stared straight forward watching as most guards left with the director leaving only two to guard the doors.

He continued to stare forward as he heard the girl release a shaky breath. Her jewelry jingled as she moved forward - closer to him - until she reached the recently vacated stool. It wasn't until then that he let his eyes land on her as she still looked uncertain as she glanced from the stool to the body laying only inches away from it. He could tell she was unnerved by the body as her eyes flickered everywhere but to the corpse. It wasn't until then he realized why they had left the body there for so long. It was to scare the girl - teach her a lesson.