Him

Washington DC January 2014

Angry wouldn't even begin to describe how she felt in this moment. Rage was making her veins pump faster despite her eyes giving away the fear that was swirling along with it. They had blackmailed her and simply took her choice away. By her knowing about them a target was put on her back even if it was unwillingly on her part. Now she knew that this parasite had sleeper agents in the organization whose first mission was to put an end to them. She was an accomplice as if she told anyone as not only would they kill who she told, but her as well. She was still wrapping her head around the fact Alexander Pierce was apparently the leader.

The only encouraging aspect it seemed if there could be one in this scenario was they needed her too much to kill her. She didn't understand why an evil Neo-Nazi group needed a second year graduate student at George Washington University for Biomedical Engineering. She was pretty sure there were a million of people who were smarter than her like doctorate students. Yet, as she looked at the medical files in her hands, she knew why she was there. Her whole academic work and goals she wanted to achieve were in this folder. If she wasn't threatened to work for Hydra she might have been excited - only a small part of her which would be spoiled with guilt, but she wasn't.

"You will be doing us a favor."

Karina's green eyes glared at the other person in the room. Her now, ex-boyfriend, Marcus Peterson, an apparent sleeper agent of Hydra's whose mission was to monitor her when she moved to Washington D.C. She was filled with satisfaction at the angry mark of her hand on the side of his face.

"You didn't give me much choice now did you?" Karina replied hotly. She placed the small manila folder filled with paperwork in Russian down on the cool metal table, "Why is the patient's name redacted from everything? I only see Asset and Soldier."

"Those are its name." Marcus replied stiffly.

Karina didn't get to reply as a guard came in announcing they needed her as like it would matter if she wasn't ready. The walk was silent besides their footsteps and the slapping of her jewelry before they reached a gated room.

Inside the room, she saw a man surrounded by guards, guns not aimed but arms and fingers were twitchy. Pierce was in front of him. The man with a metal left arm.

...

June 2014

Her left arm was stinging. The air felt like salt to the wound. Her right hand was clammy from blood that was spilling from her neck like an overflowing sink.

Behind her the echoes of gunshots were slowly becoming sporadic. The smell of wood and burning metal was becoming distant.

Her main problem besides the wounds that were still bleeding generously was that she had no idea where she was at since the seemingly fall of Hydra in Washington DC. Since her forced departure from the states she was kept underground and even if she was connected to Marcus no one muttered a word near her or was even foolish enough to leave any trace of technology for her to manipulate.

She was in every sense of the word a prisoner in Hydra's personal war against the world. At times she wished they would just kill her yet Marcus kept her alive for his own selfish reasons.

Karina's pace slowed as she found a small cave dwelling to rest in. She prayed the dwelling wasn't a decoy of some sort for Hydra or that any agents that managed to escape the breaching didn't come here. She sat down giving her shaky legs some rest as she ripped off part of her shirt to wrap her neck wound with. She vaguely wondered if she was going to have to go primeval and use ants to close both of her wounds.