Heavy In Your Arms

It amazed Karina how sour her mood went as they landed and she really looked at James. Maybe it was naïve of her to think he wouldn't come out of his fight with the other soldiers without any significant injuries. She suspected maybe some bruises and scratches even then with the week that passed they would probably have been healed. Just with Steve looking physically fine and okay, she thought the same of James even if he was not on the jet. Even if she wanted to hug him and practically handcuff him to her side it all dissipated as she took note of a very prominent changed in her friend.

She looked back at Steve, who gave her a sheepish smile, wanting to clarify that James missing an arm wasn't exactly alright.

Everywhere else he looked fine in a pair of light grey sweatpants and a white t-shirt. She was slightly taken back by the obvious change in hues he was wearing. Even his eyes were a bright sky blue instead of stormy and cloudy.

Karina was starting to suspect someone slipped her some type of drug.

"Are you okay?" James asked her as she reached him. His flesh hand cupped her cheek while his eyes roamed over her own body checking for any type of injury.

"What happened?" Was her response and not even realizing she had slipped into speaking Russian. His lips pressed into a thin line as he stared at her dropping his hand from her face. "I want the truth, all of it, not what you think I can handle." She told him firmly.

He didn't say anything at first but nodded his head before taking her hand, "Let's go somewhere private."

Karina wordlessly followed him back into the building where they would be hiding and even through her anxiety she did pay attention to her surroundings. Like she noticed as they were outside it was hot. She felt some sweat dripping from her hairline and she suspected any longer the back of her shirt would have become damped. She suspected the change of James' attire made sense as one he didn't need to hide his metal – well missing metal – limb or his identity and the lighter clothing helped with the dry temperatures. She was concerned how T'Challa was able to wear an all black suit in this climate.

Inside, which was considerably cooler, she noticed the place was filled with windows that showcased the beautiful terrain of Wakanda and it's jungle. She didn't miss the large black panther structure that loomed in the background.

The interior of the place was sleek and sophisticated. The colors were various shades of greys and whites. The place screamed royalty and prominence. As well as the countries intelligence of how she saw people bustling working in labs and various displays of their accomplishments on plaques, trophies, and portraits.

As she followed James to which he described as their floor, she noticed they needed a code to enter; they entered into a modern living room where the color scheme hadn't changed and as they moved beyond the foyer. On the white marble wall was a massive TV in the center with a fireplace placed directly below. The floor was black with a white large carpet with a clear glass coffee table in the middle. There was a white wrap around couch with black accents. Beside each end of the couch were two lounge chairs, black and white respectively. Behind the couch was another placement of large windows and glass door which showcased the breathtaking scenery as well as a deck with outdoor furniture. Next was the dining room that had an expansive chandelier that was worth more than her past college education before they bypassed the kitchen that Karina didn't know how to even describe, besides she was scared to touch anything in fear of leaving a fingerprint because everything looked immaculate and out of an magazine. Who knew everything looking black and white could look so marvelous.

So when James showed her the room he picked out for her she was surprised to see the room had purple in it.

The walls were a medium grey. The floor was white stone with a purple carpet. The bed was in the middle of the room, which was too big for one person to sleep in alone, had a purple comforter – she was sure it was made out of cashmere. Next to the bed was a small white nightstand. Opposite from the bed was a TV mounted on the wall and below was a desk mounted on the wall with a purple chair. She saw there was a built in closest and next to it was another dresser with a shoe rack below built in and a cupboard atop with a rack underneath to hang smaller items.