0.1

Barry's POV *Flashback to 14 years earlier*

To understand what I'm about to tell you, you need to do something first. You need to believe in the impossible. Can you do that? Good. You see that red blur? That's me. That too. There I am again. My name is Barry Allen. I am the fastest man alive. My story is pretty simple. My whole life, I have been running. Usually from bullies.

Sometimes I escaped. Sometimes I did not.

A bunch of bullies were chasing Brooklyn and I. When they finally got us they pushed Brooklyn out of the way and started beating me up. "Barry? Are you okay?" Four-year old Brooklyn asked me after they left.

"I'm fine Brooke," I said using my nickname for her that she hated.

"Okay...are you sure?" she asked again.

"Yes Brooklyn," I laughed. It hurt though...

*At home*

"Tell me what happened?" Mom asked.

"Those guys were picking on kids just 'cause they thought they weren't cool. It wasn't right," I said.

"I know," Mom said stroking my face. Brooklyn was on the couch sounding out her words.

"I guess I wasn't fast enough," I sighed.

"No," Mom shook her head, "You have such a good heart Barry. And it's better to have a good heart than fast legs."

"Hello! I'm home!" Dad said as he walked into the house.

"Daddy!" Brooklyn smiled as she ran into his arms. He picked her up and said

"Hey sweetheart, did you have a good day?" Brooklyn nodded.

"I did had a good day but I don't think Barry did," Brooklyn said as Dad kissed her forehead. Dad chuckled at Brooklyn's bad grammar before he looked at Mom and I.

"Barry got into a fight," Mom said.

"Oh yeah?" Dad asked, he looked serious for a second.

"And he won!" Brooklyn yelled smiling.

"Ah way to go slugger," Dad said as he patted my back. Mom gave him a look and he quickly added, "Oh, and no more fighting."

"Mmhmm," I replied nodding.

But after that night, I was running from something much scarier.

Something I could never explain.

Something impossible...

I woke up out of bed when I heard screaming and crashes coming from downstairs. I decided to get Brooklyn too incase it was something bad. "Barry?" Brooklyn asked rubbing her eyes.

"Yeah, Brooklyn. Get up we need to go downstairs," I said.

"Okay..." Brooklyn said getting out of bed. She held my hand and we went downstairs. We got downstairs and we saw a ball of lightning with mom crying in the middle of it.

"HENRY! HENRY HELP!" Mom yelled. Dad was outside the ball of lightning trying to get to mom. My grip on Brooklyn's hand tightened.

"MOMMY!!" Brooklyn yelled trying to go towards Mom. I held Brooklyn back.

"MOM!!" I yelled.

"BARRY!! BROOKLYN!" Mom yelled back. Brooklyn started crying and Dad was holding both of us back. "BARRY DON'T" Mom yelled when I tried to run towards her. Brooklyn hugged Dad still not letting go of my hand.

"MOM!" I yelled.

"MOMMY!" Brooklyn yelled. I saw the outline of a man in yellow inside the ball of lightning.

"DON'T LET HIM TOUCH YOU!!" Mom yelled. Mom screamed and it was just pure chaos.

"MOM!" I yelled again.

"NORA!" Dad yelled.

"STAY BACK!!" Mom yelled at us.

"NORA HOLD ON!" Dad yelled. Mom screamed again and Dad turned to me. "BARRY, TAKE BROOKLYN AND GET OUT OF HERE! RUN BARRY RUN!" Dad yelled at me and I hugged Brooklyn. Suddenly there was a flash of yellow lighting and Brooklyn and I were both blocks away from the house.

"MOM! DAD!" I yelled looking around.

"MOMMY! DADDY!" Brooklyn yelled looking around as well. I grabbed Brooklyn's hand and we ran back in the direction of the house.