1.1

Brooklyn's POV *

Barry and I had left the CCPD and began walking home. I was still shaken up and Barry could tell since he was side-hugging me as we walked. My head was down, my eyes looking at our feet move. "Brooklyn?" Barry called softly. Slowly, I lifted my head and looked up at him.

"Yeah Bare?" I mumbled my response so quietly Barry could barely hear me. His gaze on me softened even more, which I didn't think was possible, before he responded.

"I'm sorry I left." I furrowed my eyebrows at his response. He couldn't have prevented it anyway.

I looked down then back up before I answered. "You don't even know what happened yet."

"But maybe if I stayed with you. Maybe if I let you come, you would've been fine," Barry was blaming himself.

"There was nothing you could've done anyway," I mumbled, looking back down at my feet. Barry sighed and didn't say anything for the rest of the walk home. Once we reached the apartment I tried to walk to my room but Barry stopped me. He pulled me over to the small couch and we sat down.

"Brooke, you have to tell me what happened," Barry pleaded. I could feel the tears threatening to spill over my eyes before I even started talking. "Brooklyn." My hands were the only thing I looked at as I spoke.

"It was man who killed mom. The man in yellow." I waited for Barry's reaction but he didn't say anything. When I looked at him, his jaw was clenched and his hands were balled into fists.

"What about him?"

"I saw him. He was on the top of another building that we can see from the view the lab gives us. I was drawing so I didn't notice him at first but then I saw him. He was just standing there, watching me. And I don't know how long he was there, but once I saw him, I was paralyzed. I didn't know what to do, Barry." Tears were streaming down my face as I told him. He looked at me and pulled me into a strong hug. The same hug he pulled me into the night mom died.

"I should've been there. I shouldn't have left. I should've let you come with me. What if he did something to you? What if he hurt you? Or worse?" Barry began mumbling into my hair. 

"Barry, if that man is still out there now...if he knows where we are and who we are, does that mean he's been watching us this whole time? For the past 14 years since the day he killed mom, has he been watching us?" I asked him shakily. Barry's grip on me tightened and my grip on him did the same. "We have to tell dad, Barry." Barry pulled away from the hug and put his hands on my shoulders.

"I know we do Brooke. I know. But tonight, I'm not letting you out of my sight okay?"

"That's what you said earlier before you ran off to Starling City," I mumbled underneath my breath. Barry evidently heard me because he apologized once more and pulled me into his side. Both of us knew we weren't going to be able to sleep by ourselves tonight so he turned on a random movie and we watched it until one of us fell asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day, Barry decided to bring me to the Mardon crime scene from last night. Multiple police officers were present at the scene. Since Mardon having powers was something new, it was an all hands on deck situation. Joe and Barry were talking while I was walking around in the barn. Barry still hadn't told me what happened last night after he left the crime scene other than his last minute trip to Starling. I asked him multiple times this morning but he told me that it was nothing that I had to worry about. I slowly made my way back to Barry and Joe. I heard them mumbling about something. I stood next to Joe and smiled widely at him. Joe grinned at me and put his arm around my shoulder. "So, what are you guys talking about?" I questioned out of curiosity. Barry and Joe both looked at each other and then turned back to me.