0.6

Barry's POV *Outside of Jitters*

"So are you gonna tell Iris Cisco thinks she's hot?" Brooklyn asked me smiling.

"How about no, I don't think Cisco would like for me to reveal that information," I laughed.

"I think it would be funny to watch Iris confront him next time she sees him," Brooklyn laughed again. Sometimes when she spoke, she sounded just like mom. She obviously doesn't know that because she was really young when mom died so she won't be able to remember the voice now. "You know, you laugh just like mom. And sometimes you sound just like mom," I said smiling at her. "Really? I don't remember how mom sounds. You're lucky you do," Brooklyn stated sadly. "Yeah, well it's not your fault. You were 4 when she died. I'm not surprised you don't remember her voice now as an seventeen year old," I said trying to make Brooklyn feel better.

"Oh yeah I forgot. You're old now Barry. 25, another 25 years and you'll be 50. Isn't that a terrifying thought," Brooke teased me. I laughed and pulled her in for another long over due hug. "Okay, now enough procrastinating. We need to surprise Iris," Brooklyn said, but it was muffled by my jacket. I understood her because she was younger after mom died she would always cry into my shoulder. She would then speak and her speech would muffled. After 14 years of training I can now understand it.

"Yeah, okay so let's review this," I said rubbing my hands together as we stopped hugging.

"I'm gonna go in there and fake cry. She will obviously believe me because I am a great actress," Brooklyn said flipping her hair. Mind you it was in a ponytail so she ended up just flipping air.

I stifled my laugh and continued the plan, "You tell her that something happened to me. She stands there concerned and scared, and then I walk in," I said smiling goofily.

"Yup," Brooklyn said. Right before she was about to walk in, Brooklyn stopped, "You know you're the best older brother ever. Right?"

"Yup, you know you're the best younger sister ever. Right?" I replied.

"Yup," she said smiling cheekily. Brooklyn did the thing she does that helps her fake cry. She then walked into Jitters.

Brooklyn's POV

I walked into Jitters and 'crying'. Iris looked up at the door and saw me looking upset. She immediately set down her coffee pitcher. Iris rushed over to me and enveloped me in a hug. "Oh my god, Brooklyn. Are you okay?" Iris said rubbing my back.

"I-Iris....something happened to...to B-barry," I replied fake crying more into her shoulder.

"No...n-no," Iris said in disbelief as we pulled away. Barry walked into Jitters and Iris gasped. She ran over to him and jumped into his arms. "Oh my god. You're awake. Why didn't STAR Labs call us? Why didn't Brooklyn call us?" Iris questioned Barry.

I laughed and Barry answered, "I just woke up."

"Should you even be on your feet?" Iris asked.

"Iris...I..I'm okay," Barry replied.

"We watched you die Barry. You kept dying, your heart kept stopping," Iris said, she looked about ready to cry.

"It's still beating," Barry said taking Iris's hand and putting it over his heart. I smiled at the two of them, they were perfect for each other. Iris just didn't realize that yet.

"Feels really fast," Iris said to Barry. Just then, glass shattered behind us and I jumped. We all turned around to look at the source of the noise. "Are you okay Tracy?" Iris asked.

"Yeah I got it," Tracy replied cleaning up the glass. I knelt down next to her and helped while Barry and Iris kept talking. Iris then walked away and I stood up. I walked over to Barry and he side hugged me.

"How do you feel?" I asked.

"I feel normal. Like that lightning bolt never struck me," Barry smiled reassuringly. "Good cause I don't need my brother to be all out of whack. Especially when he's the one paying the bills," I laughed.

"Yeah..." Barry trailed off. "The bills!" Barry exclaimed.

"Relax, I've been staying and Iris and Joe's while you were out. None of the lights or water or anything has been turned on in the apartment for about 8 and a half months now," I said. "What about the previous bills?" Barry asked. "Doctor Wells covered that. Also I may have withdrawn some money from your bank account for that specific reason," I smiled cheekily. Barry rolled his eyes and laughed. We were walking around in the outdoor area

"Seriously though, I need to get a job Bare," I said.

"Brooklyn, I told you that when you are out of your teens then you can get a job," Barry sighed.

"But what if something like this happens again? What if Joe and Iris can't or won't help? What am I supposed to do Barry?" I persisted. "I don't like it that you have to be financially stable for the both of us. I need work experience Barry," I continued.

"....You won't be able to spend time with me in the lab though," Barry tried.

"Okay nevermind. I'm too young for a job anyway," I said. I loved spending all my time in Barry's lab and hanging out with Barry. I can put off having to work for another two years before Barry will forces me to get a job anyway. Someone cleared their throat behind us. Barry and I spun around to look at them and say Iris.

"I love hearing you guys talk about this kind of stuff. I've missed this in the nine months you've been out cold," Iris smiled. Barry, Iris, and I started walking towards the CCPD.