0.9

Brooklyn's POV

Iris and Eddie pulled away from each other and Iris turned to look at him. They quickly fell into a hushed conversation. I ran out of Jitters and towards Barry. I stopped at his side and watched him look at Iris with the expression of someone who had their heart broken.
"Come on Barry, you shouldn't be subject to a broken-heart today of all days," I whispered to him as I tugged on his arm to walk away. We were crossing the street when Iris caught up to us spoke.

"You can't tell my dad, he doesn't know about me and Eddie," Iris pleaded. I shook my head and looked at the ground.

"Doesn't seem like anyone is in on the secret," Barry replied bitterly.

"I was gonna tell you," Iris claimed. Barry and I both gave her a 'really' look. "When you were in the hospital, Eddie covered my father's shifts so all three of us could be with you. I thanked him with a cup of coffee and things just kind of...happened. And it's good," Iris defended as she gave Barry a small smile.

"Dating your partner's daughter. Isn't that against department regulations?" Barry grumbled.

"Oh here we go," I joked. Barry elbowed me lightly and turned back to Iris.

"Why are you so upset?" Iris asked him.

"Yeah, Barry, why?" I smirked. Iris smiled at me and I laughed.

"I just don't like having to lie to your dad, you know?" Barry convinced as we stopped walking. Iris was standing on the sidewalk near the wall under the bridge. Barry was standing next to the curb and I was standing in the street.

"Yup, totallyyy," I teased Barry. They both turned, Iris laughed and Barry rolled his eyes. All of a sudden we heard police sirens and turned to look behind us. The cop car skid and all of a sudden I was pulled from the street. Barry was covering me with his body as Iris hid behind the plants next to us. I felt a gush of wind and when I looked up, Barry was gone.

"Barry?" Iris questioned.

"Barry!" I yelled at the same time. Iris helped me up and we headed over to the police. I looked over at the direction of the crash and saw fog envelope the street. "Barry's over there somewhere. He's got to be," I said to Iris as I tried to run in the direction. She grabbed my arm and pulled me back.

"Brooke, if anything happens to you, Dad, Barry, and Henry are going to kill me. Barry will be fine, we have to stay here," Iris reasoned.

"But-" I argued.

"I know you don't want to lose him again I don't either, but we have to trust that he's going to be okay," Iris pleaded. I felt an overwhelming sense of dread. My mouth went dry and I felt like I was being choked. My hands shook and I couldn't breath, I felt my heart racing. Iris tried to talk to me but my vision was blurry and I felt tears streaming down my face. I was having a panic attack. I haven't had panic attacks since Mom died, and only Barry seemed to know how to stop them. Iris's eyes widened and she looked over to one of the cops that stayed behind with us. My knees buckled underneath me and I fell the ground. Iris sat on her knees in front of me as I leaned on the concrete behind me. "Brooklyn, honey you have to focus on me okay?" Iris cautioned. I nodded and she put her hands on my face. "Take deep breaths okay Brooke. Close your eyes honey, breath in slowly.....hold it.....now breath out slowly. Keep doing that Brooke, you're doing great," Iris comforted. I took slow and deep breaths for what felt like forever but was probably only ten minutes. I felt myself calming down, and I could breath better. I stopped crying at this point and I smiled lightly at Iris.

"Thank you," I mumbled. Iris smiled at me and pulled me into a hug.

"Don't ever scare me like that again okay?" Iris spoke into my hair. I held onto her tightly until we saw an explosion. We pulled away from the hug and ran towards the explosion. More cops cars and firetrucks came and we saw Barry sitting in the grass, with glass in his hair and a cut on his forehead and another cut above his eyebrow. Barry stood up when he saw us coming and I ran towards him. He pulled me into a hug and pet my hair.

"I'm so glad you're okay," I sniffed into his jacket.

"I told you I wasn't going anywhere Brooke," Barry murmured into my hair.

"Barry! Where the hell did you go?! Brooklyn was so worried that she panic attack!" Iris stressed. Barry stopped hugging me and looked down at my face.

"What? Brooke? Are you okay?!" Barry burst out. My face was tear streaked and I gave him a small smile. Barry pulled me into an even tighter hug than before. He and Iris started walking towards the ambulance while Barry was still hugging me.

"What are you doing Barry?" I giggled. Barry had his arms wrapped around my shoulders which had trapped my arms at my side. He was also walking around like a penguin while hugging me and he wouldn't let me go.

"My baby sister had a panic attack and I wasn't there to help her. I'm not letting you out of my sight any time soon," Barry hummed. He squeezed me even tighter and Iris laughed.

"I wish I had a brother like you Barry," Iris commented. I looked up at Barry and saw his smile falter a little bit.

"I can't breathe Barry," I coughed out. Barry immediately let me go and bent down to my height.

"Oh sorry," Barry apologized. I grinned at him. There was a noise behind us and we turned around. I winced and closed my eyes as Barry put his arm around my shoulders when the covered body of the man who had died was taken past us on the stretcher.

"That poor man. The way that fog came in, I have never seen anything like it," Iris consoled. We watched the stretcher passed us when we heard Joe.

"Barry! Brooklyn. Iris," Joe breathed as he set his hand on Iris's shoulder. A look of relief washed over him when he saw Iris and I with minimal scratches.

"Brooklyn and I are alright Dad," Iris confirmed.

"What the hell were you thinking having them out here?" Joe accused Barry. Iris and I immediately started to object when Joe turned to Iris. "I told you, when you see danger you run the other way. You're not a cop," Joe reprimanded Iris.

"Because you wouldn't let me!" Iris snapped. Barry and I stayed quiet. I looked up at him and then set my head on his shoulder. It's been a long day.

"You're damn right," Joe growled.

"Joe, I need to talk to you," Barry interjected and he began to walk away away from Iris and me.

"It can wait," Joe spat while pointing an accusing finger at Barry.

"No, now," Barry argued as crossed his arms. "Brooklyn you stay here," Barry said when I made a move to follow them. I nodded and stay with Iris. Barry and Joe talked away from us and Iris looked at me.

"He's just upset we were so close to a crime scene as it happened. He doesn't actually blame Barry," Iris spilled

"I know, I just wish he would take a different approach than yelling," I mumbled. Iris nodded in agreement and our attention was drawn back to Barry and Joe. Iris and I walked over to them right when Joe started yelling at Barry.

"Mardon is dead. There is no controlling the weather Barry. Just like there was no lightning storm in your house that night. It was your and Brooklyn's brains helping two scared little kids accept what they saw," Joe snapped. My eyes widened and Iris looked at me and put her arm around my shoulders.

"My dad did not murder my mo--" Barry started. Joe interrupted Barry and I was on the verge of tears for the third time today.

"YES, he did! You're dad killed your mother Barry! I am sorry son! But I knew it, the jury knew it. He's paying for what he did," Joe spat. My mouth was open and I shook my head, in awe of how harsh Joe was being.

"Dad, enough," Iris cut in. Barry looked at me and the helpless expression on his face caused a few tears to escape my eyes.

"Iris. I have done my best to take care of you and Brooklyn since that night. And I have never asked for anything in return, not even a thank you. But what I do ask now is that you see for once in your life things as they are," Joe harshly spoke. Barry opened his mouth to speak but decided against it. Barry clenched his jaw and gave me an apologetic look as he walked away. Joe, Iris, and I watched Barry was leave when I heard the click of Iris's shoes indicating that she was walking away too. I was crying at this point which caused Joe to give me a big hug. He whispered an apology to me as we rocked from side to side.