1.0

*Brooklyn's POV*

After Barry left the crime scene in anger, Joe took me to the CCPD. He had me sit in Barry's lab when as he went back down to do some paper work. His assurance that it wouldn't take long was proven false when he got called in for another case. After a few minutes of being in the lab alone, I decided to call Barry. When he didn't answer my call, I called again but he still didn't answer. Each time I called Barry didn't respond. I called Iris, then Joe to ask them if they had reached Barry, but they too had no luck. I gave up trying to reach him since he must've been busy which left me to go back to waiting. Seconds turned to minutes, and minutes turned to hours as I waited in Barry's lab. Iris had called me a few times to check on me and cheer me up a little but she was busy with her dissertation and her job at Jitters. About an hour into my wait, I decided to pull out the sketchpad that I kept stashed in Barry's lab and I moved to sit next to the window. Barry's lab had an amazing view of the city so I decided to start drawing. After another, I drew a rough sketch of the view before I grabbed my camera, from under Barry's desk, and took a picture. Soon, I felt my eye lids start to get heavy but I ignored it and went back to the sketch. As I was starting the details, I felt a gust of air behind me. I turned around and saw Barry holding a box full of paper, with his hair messy, as though he was caught in strong winds. "Barry? When did you get here?" I asked him, putting down my sketchbook.

"Oh-me? I-uh, I just got here...When did-when did you get here?" Barry responded. He set the box his was holding down on his desk and began rubbing the back of his neck, putting his other arm on his hip.

"I've been here for a while...Barry where have you been all day? I've been trying to call you but you wouldn't pick up. Iris and Joe couldn't get a hold of you either. You had us worried sick. You just got out of a coma today, and then you were hurt at a crime scene soon after, you can't go disappearing on us like that," I reprimanded him. Barry sighed and put his head down. He looked back up at me before responding.

"...I went...to Starling City." I furrowed my eyebrows, confusion clear on my face. I was also a little disappointed in Barry, how could he leave me at a crime scene while I was in tears so he could go to Starling City? I took a few deep breaths to calm myself down after standing up from my seat. I glared at him slightly and he looked at me in confusion.

"Why?" My voice was cold and hard, I could barely recognize it. Barry seemed shocked by my tone and he gave me his best puppy dog eyes. When that didn't calm me down, he responded.

"I needed to see someone there. I needed their advice," Barry tried to explain. He looked exasperated and slightly angry. My eyes softened and I realized I was overreacting. He just woke up from a coma, he needed his space.

"Okay...what's in the box?" I queried with a slight smirk on my face, while also quoting the Brad Pitt movie. Barry smiled slightly at me and let out a breathy laugh.

"I'm looking into all the seemingly impossible cases that happened in Central City while I was out. I need to stop Mardon and prove to Joe that the impossible exists," Barry explained to me. I raised my eyebrows and walked over to stand next to him. Barry started taking out a few files to show me.