1.3

Brooklyn's POV

"I find it quite remarkable, having once been a timid freshman at Central City University, to be standing before you now, the regents choice for Man of the Year. While I very much appreciate the award, the real honor for me is knowing that my work in organ transference helps give people a second chance at life. Thank you all very much for coming," Simon Stagg gave his short speech before raising his award in the air, the action dismissing the crowd as the applause rung out around us. I was trying to get a few good snapshots of Simon Stagg when Barry and Iris began walking away, leaving me behind.

"Okay. All right, first things first, Simon Stagg's work in cellular cloni--where's Brooklyn?" Barry started, before he cut himself off. He immediately spun around looking for me, while Iris did the same.

"Guys, I'm right here," I called out to them. They both spun to face me and Barry marched over to bring me to where Iris was standing

"Don't do that, especially after what happened last week," Barry told me as we walked.

"I know, I'm just trying to get a good shot of him. All those rich snobs and rude reporters are in the way," I grumbled. Barry rolled his eyes but put his arm around my shoulders as we reached Iris. Iris shook her head in amusement at my grumpy expression and Barry's slightly annoyed one.

"Anyway, as I was saying, Simon Stagg's work in cellular cloning has led to huge advancements in the future of organ replacement..." Barry trailed off when Iris grabbed two glasses of champagne from the tray of one of the servers. I bit back my smile while Bare looked exasperated.

"Are journalists allowed to drink on the job?"  Iris asked. Barry immediately took the glasses out of her hands before responding.

"Okay. If you are bored already, just wait till we get to the science behind cellular regeneration." Barry put the two glasses on a table and I grabbed one without him seeing. Just as I was about to take a sip, he took the glass out of my hand and set it down on another table. "Hey-No, you are under-age," Barry reprimanded.

"That didn't seem to stop you," I mumbled under my breath but both Iris and Barry heard me.

"She's got you there," Iris agreed. I grinned at her and she returned it while he looked betrayed.

"It was one time. And I regretted it immediately," he defended himself. I rolled my eyes but smiled when Iris hooked her arm around Barry's.

"I have missed this, you two. I feel like we haven't spent any quality time together since you woke up from the coma," Iris said. She soon stopped walking and turned to stand in front of Barry and me.

"Yeah, I've had a crazy few weeks, I know," Barry agreed. I decided to let them talk so I, once again, left Barry's side and began taking pictures of the building and the set up. Soon Simon Stagg passed me, and I immediately spun around to get Iris's attention. She had already spotted him and caught his attention, trying to stop him from walking away. I quickly took a few pictures of Mr. Stagg as I reached Barry.

"Mr. Stagg, I was wondering if I could get a quote from you for my article," Iris asked. Simon Stagg didn't respond, but instead kept walking while his body guard gestured for Iris to stop following them.

"Not now miss," the bodyguard told her. Barry and I walked back up to her as she watched them walk away.

"I'll just make something up," Iris brushed off, causing Barry and me to laugh. "So, what were you going to tell me? You looked like you were about to say something." I looked at Barry, now intrigued. Barry saw the look I was giving him and pushed me gently, silently telling me to knock it off. I smiled but obeyed.