Chapter 12 - Sunderance

Warning - - blood and a bit of gore

"She did WHAT?!?"

Nadie flinched, flipping her ears back and pressing her belly to the ground. Hutch stood over her, his eyes wild and his voice roaring.

Oh, shoot...

Hutch stomped on the ground in front of her nose. "Why didn't you say something to me? She's long gone by now!"

"Hutch, Sarah promised me she wouldn't--"

"Wouldn't what? Turn us over to the mahikana?  She is ONE OF THEM, don't you see? Her loyalties don't lie with us! The very fact that she crawled back to Matthew, of all people, only proves that!"

Nadie looked away, and slowly inched her way backwards. "Come on, Hutch. Cut her some slack--"

"I don't believe what I'm hearing right now!" he snapped back, flashing his canines down at the little Omega. The calm, collected, and all around quiet Alpha that had once been Hutch had long since been replaced by a fierce, angry, and over-protective wolv. As much as she longed to have the old Hutch back at times, deep down, Nadie knew that his current reaction was more than justified.

They'd already lost one family member, after all. Why would they ever risk losing another to the timberwolves? Why would they ever put themselves in such mortal danger again?

"She cannot be trusted. I thought that I had made that clear two days ago!" Hutch huffed. It had been over a day since Sarah had left; Nadie had almost begun to believe that her absence would slip by unnoticed--Tara's heat hadn't ended overnight; and as such, Hutch had been more than occupied--but now, two days after it had begun, Tara's condition was beginning to slack, and Hutch had once again become aware of his surroundings.

One of those surroundings happened to be the lack of a certain timberwolf. Hutch had caught Nadie's guilty look and had grilled her mercilessly until finally, she'd broken, spilling what Sarah had chosen to do.

"Please, just calm down!" Nadie soothed quietly, keeping her ears pinned back against her skull. "It's not her fault. It's only biological!"

"That's a load of bull, Nadie. She is literally sleeping with the enemy!" It was Tara who responded this time, crawling out of the den and hissing tiredly. "If she really could be trusted, she would have stayed and toughed it out. Biology shouldn't override common sense!"

Nadie glared at the red-furred Omega, and raised and eyebrow in disgust. She panned her gaze from Omega to Alpha, and shook her head. "Screw both of you!" she spat. Hutch bristled, pulling his lips back.

"Excuse me?"

"You heard me. Screw you! How dare you!" She leapt to her feet, sick and tired of being submissive. "You are both being a couple of idiots, you know that? You!" Nadie stuck her paw in Tara's face, pointing with a claw straight down the Omega's muzzle. "You can shove that 'common sense' crap. If I recall correctly, the two of you have been nailing each others' brains out for two days. Tell me, where's the 'common sense' in that, huh?"

Tara hissed. "You don't know what it's like!"

"No, I don't--but you sure as heck do, don't you? I saw you, Tara! You were clawing at the walls an' floor of the den like you were crazy! Were you thinking straight then? No, you weren't! And you!" Her paw moved from Tara's muzzle to Hutch's, and she jabbed the pad of her paw into his nose roughly. "Mister calm and collected  over here! You broke, just like she did! All of your precious self control went out the window the moment you smelled her. I saw your eyes, you jerk! You were just as crazed as she!"