Chapter 5| Clyde

I revived a text from Bebe while I was getting ready for school. It asked me to meet her at the back of the school, where the Goths usually sat and smoked. The text scared me, in more than one way.

The first way was kind of embarrassing, as the text tone from said text made me jump and drop all my school books. That then made my dad shout up for me to be quiet, which then caused my eyes to water because I hate when my dad shouts.

The second way is more acceptable to tell people. I'm worried and scared about the meaning of this text. Bebe never texts me before school. It's very rare she is even awake and up at the time she texted. It must be something serious, because if it wasn't she wouldn't have texted me, right?

Well, all I can do is hope it isn't something negative.

I leave the house, shutting the door softly so I don't bother my dad. I begin my long journey to school. I stopped taking the bus, as the other students are prone to throw stationary and balled up paper at me. That then causes me to cry, and causes the others to pick on me.

As I walk, snow begins to slowly fall from the sky. I shiver as the cold begins to bite at my arms and exposed neck. I remove my hands from my pockets, fiddling with the scarf placed upon my shoulders. I grab one end, wrapping it around my neck and making sure it's not too tight.

I stare at the scarf, focused on making sure my neck is perfectly warm so it doesn't become stiff from the cold. Because of my focus, I manage to bump into someone.

I knock into them forcefully, flinching and stumbling back slightly, somehow managing to keep my balance. I watch with wide eyes as the person I bumped into, a tall boy, stumbles clumsily, and falls face first into a heap of snow.

I gasp, and rush over to the boy. I'm so stupid! I reach my hands out towards him, but stop dead as I see the snow slowly stain red with blood. My eyes water, and tears begin to slide down my cheeks as I realise what I may have done.

"Please don't be dead." I sob, quickly moving to grab the boys hands. It's somehow warm in my cold grasp, and his fingers lock around mine.

I feel more tears flow freely down my cheeks as I heave the boy up. He stumbles to his feet, his hair and face wet with snow. As its wet, his hair hangs in his eyes, stopping me from seeing his face fully.

"You're not dead!" I exclaim thankfully, still clutching onto his hand. I look up at him. "I'm so sorry! I'm such an idiot! I-I should've been watching where I was going and now you are injured! You could die of blood loss!"

The boy laughs, and runs his hands through his hair, pushing it out of the way. He then swiftly moves his hand to the front of his nose, cupping it.

"I'm fine Clyde." He says, his voice light with laughter.

It's Kevin!

I feel my heart race, and I drop his hand. I've hurt someone I wanted to be friends with! They're never going to like me now. Right now would be when I start crying even more, but just looking at Kevin has caused my eyes to dry up.

"Did I damage your face?" I ask, tilting my head to the side. "Oh no! You had a nice face, let me see if your nose is okay!"

I get up on the tip of my toes, taking Kevin's right wrist and lowering his arm, peering at his nose. Kevin doesn't stop my from touching him, he just turns a light pink from what I suspect is the cold.