Chapter 9| Clyde

I sigh and roll over, pulling the covers tightly against me to gain as much warmth as physically possible. As I try to become warmer, I keep hearing a soft and continuos beep, one that irritates me and wills me to open my eyes fully. It's my alarm. And it's going off. The time is displayed in red on the small, black machine and it's past eight o'clock, which means one thing.

I'm late for school!

I immediately throw my covers off of me, and slam my hand down on the alarm, turning it off. My alarm goes off at seven every morning! I'm an hour late!

I begin to rush around my room, dashing into my wardrobe and pulling out a random shirt and some jeans. I can feel tears brimming, wanting to fall down my cheeks. I hate being late! It's so much pressure, and walking into class late is always awkward, and then you get a late detention, which takes up my time and gives me no time to finish any homework I didn't do! Which then equals to more detentions and more of my time taken and then, more tears!

This is why I hate being late!

And the teacher shouts!

I manage to swiftly change. I see zero point in attempting to pull a brush through my hair, as it's windy outside. I quickly splash water on my face, pull on my coat, grab my bag and leave the house.

As soon as I lock the door, my dad being out at work, I begin to sprint to school. I can't be later than I already am!

I am not a fast runner. I can run, as I've ran from many bullies in my life, but I'm not exactly the fastest. I'm incompetent in sport. It just doesn't work for me.

As I run, my bag bangs against my back and my shoes splash in melted puddles of snow. A binder in my bag continually nudges into me, it's corner poking me. It's a sharp and small pain, one that would be barely noticeable if it happened once or twice. Yet, it's happening again and again. It brings even more tears to my eyes, being late and the wind already making me tear up, but I refuse to let them fall.

The tears will cause my vision to become blurry, and I won't be able to see where I'm going.

When I finally see the school come into view, I manage to speed up. I splash into more puddles, and my feet quickly become wet. My jeans stick to my legs uncomfortably, but I can't stop running.

I manage to bump straight into the yellow doors, pushing them open. The halls are empty, classrooms most likely full.

I stumble into the school, heaving and panting, desperately gasping for some oxygen. My hair sticks to my neck and forehead with sweat, and as soon as I stopped running my body burns with heat. I know my face is red, and I unzip my coat, letting it and my bag fall to the floor.

It's empty. I'm not just late, I'm extremely late.

I grab my abandoned bag, and rustle through it for my timetable. My heart races. It's not there. I look again, desperately digging through the contents of my bag.

No! No! No!

It's not there!

I feel a lump form in my throat as the tears escape my eyes, and roll down my cheeks. I fall back against some lockers, sliding down to the floor. I pull my knees against my chest, and just sob.

My shoulders shake, my chest heaves with every sob.

Im so stupid. I always trusted that I was an organised person. I'm always too worried to get anything wrong. That's why I never thought to memories my time table, it never seemed necessary.

Someone clears their throat. I don't look up.

"Do you have a hall pass, Crybaby?" I recognise the voice of Eric Cartman. Just the sound of his voice causes more tears to flood from my eyes, as the memories of taking blows and insults from him and his small group of friends come back to me.