Chapter 6: Kissing In Cars

We walked and talked until we reached my bus. "Well here you are Alice," he said as I pulled open the door. "Well come on in," gestured stepping in. I only got a few steps in when thy started in on me. "Alice Ryn Fuentes where the hell have you been," Mike fumed. "Um let's see I was out fucking random guys," I say sarcastically. "Well she was on the ground in a ball with a blade and I was just helping her an talking to her then I found out who she was and brought her back," Oli responded. "Alice what were you doing with that?" Vic asked trying to be calm. "I knelt down to tie my shoe, saw my sleeve up a bit rolled the sleeve up the rest of the way then I took the blade out an looked at it that's all I swear," I pleaded. "Ok well give it here," Jaime said holding out his hand. I looked around, "no," I was clutching the necklace. "Why not?" Tony asked. i stood there quiet for awhile, "because I've had it since the first cut." "Fine," Vic said dropping the subject.

We all sat and talked bout random things for a while. "So Oli what made you wanna drop by," Mike asked taking a sip from a bottle of whiskey. "We had to leave to and your little sister was lost," he kindly explained. "Well fuck don't I feel bad now," I joked. "No it's wonderful getting to know you guys better and finally meeting Alice," as he says my name a looks me in the eye. We all stand there awkwardly for a minute or two. "I'm sorta tired I'm going to my room or bunk, whatever it's called I'm tired," I declared running to the bunk alley.

I climbed in my bunk which is the top one and the back on the right. I put my head phones on and turned Sepiternal all the way up. I took of all my clothes except for my bra and underwear. Looking at all the cuts and scars made me cry, so I grabbed a pillow and tried to muffle the sounds. I guess it wasn't working because about 5 minutes later the curtain was ripped open. I sat up to pull the blanket over me but I was to late. "What's wrong Ali?" Oli questioned while Jaime walked up behind him. "Oh nothing I think I'll go take a shower," I said hopping down. Then I remembered I was in my underwear. "Alice," Oli said, Jaime reached for my hand and spun my around. "Were you uh, you know, in your bunk?" Jaime asked. "No," I tried holding the tears in. "Why don't you come in here," Oli suggested.

We went back in there and I got a bunch of confused looks. i sat down near Mike and Oli sat next to me. "What happened Alice?" Oli's eyes wandered to mine. "I was just looking," I said linking down at my thighs. "Why are you almost naked then?" Mike asked. "That's what I thinking about stupid," I glared at him. "What's around your neck," Oli said reaching for the necklace. "Don't touch it," I yelled pulling away. "Why is there a razor blade on then?" he asked persisting on getting it off my neck. "I've had it since before I can remember. I've had since cut 1 so I'm never giving it up," I say bluntly. "Fine," they all said. "I'm going for a smoke," Mike announced. "Me too," I said getting up. "I'll go too," Oli agreed walking out with us.

We walked to the back. I took out my smokes and lit one up. Taking a long drag then blowing the smoke out watching it dance with the wind in swirls always calmed me down. Before I knew it Mike put his out and was waking back in. "So Alice," Oli said getting closer to me. "What do you want," I sneer. "Just to tell you you're still in your underwear and you look so beautiful," he said getting even closer. "Oh shit," I mutter. I put out my cigarette and try to move away. just then he placed his lips to mine and kissed me. "hey guys the bus has to leave now," I heard someone walking towards us. I tried to move but couldn't. I looked over a saw Jaime running away. "Let's go," Oli says walking back in. "Where's Jaime?" I asked as soon as I get in. "He ran of to his bunk, an we're set on the road in five minutes," Vic told me. "Ok," I confirm a I practically run to Jaime's bunk.

As I get closer to his bunk I hear a quiet sobbing. I get to his bunk and whisper, "Jaime are you ok?" "just go suck faces with Oli," he spat at me. i stand there stunned not knowing what to do. "Jaime it wasn't what it looked like I promise," I pleaded reaching to open the curtain. I rip it open and see Jaime sitting in the corner with tear stained cheeks. "Leave, go, just get away," he choked out, I could hear the hurt in his voice. i climbed in next to him. "Jaime please listen. it really wasn't what it looked like," I begged for him listen. "Go on," he said with no emotions.

"Well Mikey had just gone in and then Oli reminded me I was still in my underwear so I put out my cigarette to go in. then he got closer to my and then closer so I couldn't move then kissed me. when you came out I was so pissed at Oli and myself I wanted to murderer him, so it was all a miss understanding," I explained. "Fine I understand I guess," he said still hurt. "Ok then im gonna go, ok," I told him getting up. "no you can't," his hand graving mine and pulling me back down. "Ok I won't go then," I assured him. we sat like that for hours, me in his lap with his arms around me. We weren't talking just cuddling. This feels so right and in his arms is where I want to be. "Please don't ever leave me," I heard just as I fell asleep.

I looked around and didn't see anything familiar. These weren't my sheets, my pillows, or clothes. Who's bunk was I in. Then the memories came back, Jaime. I looked over and he wasn't there. I got out and snuck over to the shower. I turned on the water and waited for it to get hot. I stripped and got in. The water washed over me. I started singing 'kissing in cars'. I always sing in the shower it calms me down. Before I knew it I was done and dressed. My purple was soaking wet and there wasn't a dryer in here. Oh well. I walked out so see all the boys in the lounge with suspicious looks in their faces.

"What did y'all do?" "As we wake you in your room, your face is the first thing I see. The first time I've seen love,and the last I'll ever need," Vic started singing Kissing In Cars. Fuck. "What are you doing?" I asked coolly. "Oh just singing a song I heard," he replied smiling creepily at me. "Oh shit you heard me, and you couldn't leave it alone" I complained. they all nodded in unison, which I think is a little creepy. "Why didn't you tell us you sang?" Mike asked. "Because I didn't want to live in Vic's shadow," I mutter looking down at my shoes. It was true I really didn't want to have to always be compared to Vic. "You wouldn't live in my shadow or be compared to me, I would have never let that happen," he tried saying. "I don't believe that. Mom and dad would have compared me to you and so would have everyone of your fans if they knew," I countered.They all stayed quite and I knew they agreed with me. "I'm going to bed," I stated walking away from them.