Chapter 9: The Adventures of Tony and Ariel

Vic's POV

I woke up to the horrid voice of Mike yelling about his whiskey. Rolling over I pulled the covers down and swung my feet out. I hopped out and walked to the lounge. I saw Ali passed out on the couch but the off putting sight was all the whiskey bottles surrounding her. On the floor, in her lap, and in her hands.

"Mike do you know hat happened?" I asked puzzled by her appearance. "No bro, I woke up and walked in, and just saw her like this. The little devil drank every bottle. Even the half bottle sitting in the counter," he complained. "I wonder what upset her," I thought out loud. "Why do say something was upsetting her?" Mike asked stupidly. "Because she only drinks a ton when she is mad, depressed, or worried, dummy," I said. "There is the dream, Cody, and her self issues," Mike pointed out. "And she was a bitch to Jaime," I added. "Whatcha mean bro?" Mike asked. "Well he came up to her and asked if she was all right. She blew him off and got pissed," I explained. "Wow talk about bitchiness. I think someone needs to talk to her," Mike said. "I agree, but who's gonna do it. I mean she doesn't want to talk to us. Brainstorm. I have an idea. Maybe we can trick into going to the therapist or talking to one of us," I told him. "We could. Vic my man, you are a genius," he cheered hugging me.

I walked over to Alice and looked down at her. She was still passed out with whiskey bottles all around her. I tried to move some of her hair that was in her face but she rolled over. I bent down and picked up a empty bottle. I started poking her with it but she still wouldn't wake up. A devilish grin spread across my face. I knew it would take a lot to wake her up and this was my chance to have a lot of fun. I walked to the kitchen and got a tub of ice water. "Mike get over her I need your help," I yelled so he would hear. "Coming Vic," he answered running in. "Help me carry this I've to Ali," I commanded. "Why are we doing this?" He asked as we walked in there with the tub. "To wake her up," I said subtly. "On the count of three dump it 1...3," we tipped it over.

I saw her move slightly. Then she sat up and looked down at her lap. "Um hey Vic why the fucking hell am I covered in ice cold fucking water?" She asked. "You were passed out," I casually answer. "Quit shouting," she asked. "Ali I'm not yelling you just have a hangout," I quietly said. "I didn't drink that much last night," she countered getting up. "You drank all the damn whiskey Alice," Mike screeched. She looked around and saw all the bottles. "Sorry Mikey it was an accident," she apologised. "I'm gonna take a walk," she said grabbing her phone and some money. "Ok Ali I'll call you if we need you," I said as she walked out.

Ali's POV

I had gotten out of warped grounds just as Tony came running at me screaming my name. "Ali, Ali wait up Ali," he pleaded. I stopped and pulled out my earbuds and turned of 'Holiday' by Green Day. "What do you eat Tony?" I asked as he came up next to me. "We never hangout or talk and I thought this would be the perfect time to," he explained. I thought for a second thinking about why he would wanna get to know me now, but I came up short and thought of nothing. "Ok I guess you could come with me, but I don't know what we'll talk about," I said continuing to walk down the street.

We came to a park not but a few blocks away from warped grounds. I walked over to a tree and sat down. "So what is your favourite colour?" Tony asked loaning over me. "Red," I said bluntly. "Why is that your favourite colour?" He questioned sitting down next to me under the tree. "Well it could mean a number of things. It's the colour of your blood, the colour of love, and red roses are my favourite flower," I replied. "What animal do you think best represents you," he leaned against the tree an started humming. "I don't really know. Maybe a squirrel or a mermaid," I giggled. "A fucking mermaid isn't an animal nor is it real," he busted into a fit of laughter. "It is to a animal. It has a tail like one and it's a mammal," I countered. "Fine lady mermaid. I have a thought Ariel. Let's go play on the playground," he jumped up. "I'm not Ariel," I screamed running after him. "Your a mermaid so yes you are," he yelled running to the swings.

I ran up to the swing next to Tony and sat down. He was already swinging and pretty high up there. I started to get higher then he yelled, "Are you high yet?" "High on weed!" I exclaimed. I said that so loud that even more people were staring at us. I glanced at Tony and he was staring too. I smiled and we both cracked up laughing. I lost my grip from laughing so hard an fell backwards off the swing. I landed with a thud but continued to laugh while Tony came rushing over.

"Are you alright Ali?" He questioned. I was laying down but I could see people start to gather. I gave him a wink indicating I wanted to prank them. I closed my eyes an didn't answer. He let go of my hands and I heard his voice ask, "Does anyone have medical experience?" I have to admit that he sounded genuinely worried. "I do sir. Let me take a look at her," a woman said. I felt someone looming over me, then grab my wrist. It hurt a little from the cuts but I didn't want it to be noticed I was ok. Her hand moved away and I heard her get up. "Excuse me sir but does she self harm or did she get into an accident?" The stranger asked. I felt my muscles tense and then Tony answered, "both," his paused before he said it and there was a hint of sadness. "Ok. I'm sorry sir," as she replied she bent back over me.