Chapter 12

"You can't just accuse him of witchcraft!" Modeste chided Harry.

"I was there. The bear simply walked away. I saw it with my very own eyes." Harry justified. "Louis was muttering under his breath, probably some demonic chant."

"Harry, I'm not sure if you are clear but you are a demon." Modeste reminded.

"That's different." Harry asserted.

"How so?" Modeste asked.

Harry couldn't answer. He crossed his arms. His shoulders fell. A pout formed on his lips.

"Do you honestly think Louis is a witch?" Modeste asked.

Harry replied, "I don't know. Has he ever done anything weird like that before?"

"Hmm... Louis used to date a boy who was actually a demon. I think that's pretty weird."

Harry gently shoved Modeste who was in a fit of giggles. Harry whined, "Modeste, I'm being serious."

"Okay, serious. Got it." She said, but the look on her face displayed the exact opposite of serious. She zipped her lips and held her laughter but her cheeks were puffed out like a hamster's and as red as an apple.

"Modeste..." Harry muttered. He was starting to get impatient with her.

"I think you're making a big deal out of nothing. Would him practicing magic change the way you perceive him?" Modeste asked but added before Harry could answer, "Friendly reminder that you aren't exactly an ordinary human being yourself."

"I guess it wouldn't." Harry sighed.

"Exactly. So why are you fretting over this theory of yours?" Modeste asked rhetorically.

There was a knock on the door. The door was pushed open and Louis stepped in.

"Oh, hi Modeste." Louis greeted. "I didn't know you'd be here."

"Oh, do ignore me. I'm just leaving." Modeste stood up from the mattress where she sat next to Harry in his room. "By the way, Harry thinks you're a witch." She said as she left, closing the wooden door behind her.

"Says the demon." Louis shot at Harry.

"Don't listen to her." Harry snapped. "I don't think that. She's a liar."

"Ha, I know Modeste. She doesn't lie to just to create trouble." Louis said. "Nevermind. I came to apologise."

"Apologise? For what?" Harry asked.

"That we had to come back to the castle because of the bear encounter. I know you'd rather have stayed there a little longer." Louis elaborated.

"It's alright. We could go again some other time. Maybe next time, you can carry me up the mountain." Harry joked.

"Haha no. I can barely get up on my own." Louis laughed.

"You won't be able to get off on your own either." Harry quipped.

"Harry!" Louis scolded.

"Remember that name for when you're moaning it later." Harry winked.

"Fuck you!" Louis huffed.

"If you want to." Harry added. A suggestive smile tugged at his lips.

"Stop being so crude or next year, you can spend your birthday alone." Louis threatened.

"Who needs you anyways?" Harry taunted.

Louis scoffed. "Excuse you!"

Harry tried to contain his laughter. "I'm just kidding. Don't get your panties in a knot."

"What are you doing for the rest of the day?" Louis asked changing the topic.

"I'm planning on visiting my aunt and her family later. You want to come with?" Harry invited. "I think she's making mashed potatoes tonight. They're really good."

"Okay. I'll go with you," Louis accepted the invitation. "But remember that we have to get you to bed by 8."

"If you make a joke about going to bed together, I will murder you in your sleep." Louis added after noticing the cheeky smirk on Harry's face.

"Wasn't even thinking about it." Harry denied. "But now that you mention it..." Harry murmured in a husky voice. His smirk grew wider. Harry traced a finger along Louis' jawline. Louis blushed at the touch.

"Hands off, peasant!" Louis cried, flapping his hands to shoo Harry away.

"Rude!" Harry scoffed. He sarcastically said, "It takes a real man to discriminate based on socio-economic status."

"What on earth is a socio-eco-techno what you said?"

"Socio-economic status. It's your economic and social position based on your job, income and education level." Harry explained but Louis gave him a confused look.

"English, please?"

"You degraded me using the fact I'm poorer than you."

"But you are poorer than me."

"Money is not the measure of how great you are."

"Oh, alright then. Sorry."

"How do you not know what socio-economic status is?" Harry questioned. "Every time I talk to you, I get more and more worried that you are the future king of Ariak."

"Well, I'm sorry that I don't know what a socio-econo-blah- is!"

"Well, you should know. Maybe it's a good thing I don't live in Ariak anymore. Then, I wouldn't have to live under your rule." Harry joked.

Louis looked down at his toes. A small frown formed on his face. "Do you really think I'd make a poor leader?" Louis asked softly.

"If you took reign now, yes, absolutely terrible." Harry put bluntly. "But you have time work on it until you take the throne."

Louis' eyes lit up. He gave Harry a small smile.

.

.

.

Remember to vote and comment <3