Chapter 13

"Harry!" Ruth, Liam's sister, exclaimed upon Harry's arrival. She wished him a happy birthday and invited Harry in.

"I didn't know that you were bringing a 'plus one', Harry." Ruth remarked upon seeing Louis.

"Sorry, I didn't tell you earlier. It was a large minute decision. There was no time to write before coming over. Even if I did, it would only get here by tomorrow." Harry rambled. "By the way, this is my friend. His name is P-"

"Louis." Louis said firmly, shaking Ruth's hand. "Nice to meet you, Madam."

"Nice to meet you too, Louis." Ruth greeted and welcomed him in. "Make yourself at home. I'm sure we have enough food to feed one more mouth. The name's Ruth, by the way."

Louis and Harry stepped into the house. Ruth closed the door behind them. In the living room, there were two children, fighting.

"Dad! Elaine is bugging me. Tell her to cut it out!" The older one screeched as her younger sister climbed over her body, grabbing at the book she was reading.

"Emilia, let me read with you. I want to read with you." Little Elaine begged pulling at Emilia's hair.

"Piss off!" Emilia shouted, shoving her sister off the sofa where she had her legs spread across two seats.

"Emilia, watch your language!" Ruth scolded. "We have guests over."

"Harry!" Elaine cried, noticing Harry in the house. She ran up to him and Harry bent down to pick her up. He lifted her off the ground. She kissed him on his cheek.

"Hello, Elaine." Harry smiled.

"Girls, do entertain Harry and Louis for a moment while I finish preparing dinner and be nice." Ruth instructed before disappearing into the kitchen.

"Harry, who's this boy? Ooh, is he your boyfriend?" Elaine chirped. She leaned her head back and looked up at Louis. "Hello, Harry's boyfriend. You're cute. I like you." Elaine poked Louis' nose and made a 'beeping' sound.

"Louis and I are just friends." Harry informed Elaine.

Elaine pouted. "Why don't you like Harry? Harry is so cool." Elaine asked Louis. "Did you know he's gay, which means you can be together?"

"Louis is getting married to someone else." Harry told Elaine.

"Oh okay." Elaine responded.

"Emilia, can you set the table?" Ruth called out from the kitchen. Emilia groaned as she closed her book and put it aside.

"I'll go help her." Harry said, handing Elaine over to Louis. Louis carried her in his arms.

"Look, I'm a fish!" Elaine sucked in her cheeks to make her lips look like fish lips. Louis chuckled.

"Look what I can do." Louis said to Elaine. He crossed his eyes and stuck his tongue out. Elaine burst into giggles as the two began their competition to find out who could make the weirdest funny faces.

Harry got a cloth and wiped the table. As he and Emilia laid the table, Louis and Elaine laughed hysterically at each other. Harry snuck glances behind him at Louis holding his cousin upside down.

"Have we met Louis before?" Emilia asked Harry. "He looks familiar."

Harry responded, "Remember that time we got to visit the royal family of Ariak?"

"Yeah."

"Louis is the prince."

"Wait, if you're friends with the prince, why were you exiled?"