Chapter 25

Louis leaned down and kissed Harry. His lips were still warm.

Louis tried to force away his frown but he could not. Louis' lips left Harry's. He sighed deeply.

Louis looked at Harry. He swore he saw Harry flinch. Louis blinked. He thought that he must have been dreaming. His eyes were playing tricks on him, that is what it was. Harry could not have been moving; a dead body could not have been moving.

Louis saw Harry flinch again. It was a small movement, barely one in fact, bit it was more than enough to cause a spark in Louis' eyes.

"Harry?" Louis murmured hopefully but then he changed his mind. "No, he's dead. I am just fooling myself." Louis stood up, resting Harry's body on the ground. Louis walked away, hesitantly.

"Don't look back." Louis told himself, knowing if he did, he would never leave the battlefield.

The grounds were mostly quiet. Vaelle's armies had retreated after finding their leader dead and themselves severely outnumbered. The cold wind blew past Louis, prickling his skin.

There was a groan from behind Louis. Louis subconsciously turned around. He saw Harry push himself off the ground into a seated position.

Louis ran towards Harry, practice throwing himself onto the boy. He held Harry in embrace, hugging Harry so tightly that they might as well have been glued together.

"You kissed me..." Harry mumbled. "Wait, I don't understand. How am I alive?" He lifted his blood-stained shirt. There was not even a scar on his skin.

Louis shrugged. "True love's kiss?" He guessed.

"You love me?" Harry asked.

Louis smiled shyly and uttered, "So much." He squeezed Harry tightly in his arms. "And you love me back?"

"Of course!" Harry exclaimed. "May I kiss you?"

"Do you have to ask?" Louis questioned.

"Well, the last time I kissed you without asking, we kinda started a war." Harry stated.

"Kiss me, you fool!" Louis laughed. Louis leaned close to Harry and pressed their lips together. He could not help but smile into the kiss.

In that moment, everything was perfect.

Okay, maybe not 'perfect'. Louis was sweaty, tired, and covered in scrapes and scratches from the fight, Harry was covered in his own blood, and they were in the middle of a battlefield, strewn with dead soldiers.

But other than that, it was pretty darn perfect to Louis.

Louis felt a hand on his shoulder. "Let's go home." Niall said. He turned to Harry. "All of us."

"Someone once told me home is where the love is. I am home." Louis said, hugging both Niall and Harry.

"Yeah. Yeah. Stop being so cheesy and get on a horse." Niall ordered, laughing.

.

.

.

If you get this story to 400 reads(no time limit), I'll post an epilogue. Otherwise, this is the last chapter. Hope you've enjoyed reading it. :)