Epilogue

Emilia fidgeted impatiently. She sat in the pews, waiting. She had her hair done up intricately, which she had spent at least an hour on. Two locks of tiny ringlets fell delicately by the sides of her face. She wore her best dress and put on her nicest dress shoes.

Emilia took the invitation out of the already opened envelope on her lap. She flipped open the card. A smile tugged at her lips as she read the line, scrawled at the bottom of the paper, “You told me so.”

It had been about eight months since she first met Louis. Since then, she had been waiting for this day.

The ceremony began.

Louis took his walk down the aisle, escorted by Niall at his side. Niall beamed proudly as he led his son. Louis’ hair was neatly gelled. He was dressed in a well-fitted suit. He looked absolutely dashing.

Emilia took glances back and strained her neck to try and catch a glimpse of her cousin.

Soon, it was Harry’s turn to walk the aisle. Both Zayn and Liam were alongside him.

“Remember when you said that you owed me one?” Zayn whispered to Louis at the end of the aisle.

“Yes, why?” Louis responded, feeling a little scared.

“Take good care of my son,” Zayn smiled, “and if you even think about banishing him again-”

Liam butted in, “That's enough, Zaynie. There's no need to threaten our soon-to-be son-in-law.” Liam and Louis grinned at each other. “You have our blessing,” Liam said to Louis before he and Zayn took their seats.

The vows were exchanged.

Harry shifted his weight impatiently from one foot to the other. The words he had been waiting for were said, “You may now kiss the b- groom.”

However, before Harry could lean in and kiss his new husband, he was swept off his feet as Louis lifted him into the air and kissed him lovingly. He kissed back and smiled into the kiss. “I love you,” Louis murmured to Harry.

“I love you too,” Harry responded, smiling shyly.

“Called it!” Emilia’s voice echoed from the pews.

Harry and Louis both turned to her. She winked cheekily with a huge smirk on her face. Harry scrunched his nose, trying to hold back his giggles.

.

.

.

Louis ran a hand through his freshly washed hair. He looked over at Harry who was sprawled across the mattress. His husband was reading a book while playing with the new ring on his left hand.

Louis lay on Harry’s back, nuzzling his face into the side of Harry’s neck. Harry glance over his shoulder, smiling, to look at Louis. “Can I have a kiss?” Harry asked, turning to lie on his back. Louis was now on top of Harry’s chest.

They lay in the dark, foreheads bumped against each other’s. Harry could Louis’ warm breath against his cheeks with each raspy exhale. Louis’ feathery locks hung down and tickled Harry’s face. Harry put his hands around Louis, resting one palm on the small of Louis’ back, the other brought around the back of Louis’ head.

Louis leaned forward, holding Harry’s head up in his hands, but stopped momentarily. He brushed a stray curl out of Harry’s face. “And if I say no?” Louis teased.

“Could you say ‘no’ to the new prince?” Harry responded.

Louis cupped Harry’s face firmly. He thumbed Harry’s mouth, playing with his lower lip. “I don’t know, could I?” Louis smirked.

Harry stuck his lower lip out and gave Louis puppy dog eyes. Louis giggled at Harry’s cute pouty face. He leaned in and gave Harry a gentle peck on the lips.

Harry traced a finger along the wedding band on his finger. “This day has been great. I don’t want it to end.”

“I hate to tell you but it’s almost time for bed,” Louis said. Harry sulked, putting his book away.  “Aww! Don’t look so sad. I’ll still be here tomorrow.” Louis uttered. Louis blew out the candles.

Louis slipped his arms around Harry. Harry buried his face in Louis’ chest. Louis petted Harry’s soft hair. Louis closed his eyes and kissed Harry goodnight on the forehead. Harry smiled as they both lay in the dark, cuddling.

“Louis?” Harry called out softly.

“Hmm?” Louis murmured sleepily.

“Have you ever thought about having kids?”