Fifteen.

Hunter

"Hunts, I missed you!" Taylor attacked me with a hug as soon as I got to my locker.

"Me too. My mom took everything so I couldn't text or FaceTime you." I said.

"I figured. I told you not to skip school."

I sighed, "I know."

Taylor is like the angel on my shoulder, but lately I haven't been listening. My grades are slipping and I'm at risk of getting kicked off the track team.

My mom is pissed at me which I don't like. I don't want to disappoint her so I'm going to do better.

"It's Desiree, huh?" She sounded sad which confused me.

"No, I'm just hanging around the wrong people. But I really like Desiree."

She cleared her throat,"That's...great. I should get to class."

"But we have like ten minutes until the bell."

"I know but you know me, I like to be early." She forced a smile and walked off.

"Weird." I mumbled while shrugging my shoulders.

"Hunter!" Desiree ran up and kissed me. "I missed you."

"Did you really?"

"Mhm." She nodded, biting her bottom lip.

By now the hallway was clearing as people started going to their homerooms.

"How much did you miss me?" I smirked.

"I can show you better than I can tell you." She tugged at my belt.

I went in my locker and grabbed a condom, "Let's go."

I can do better tomorrow.

°•°•°•°•°

As I walked out of the school building I spotted Taylor about to cross the street. I caught up to her and put my arm over her shoulder but she shrugged me off.

"Did I do something wrong?" I asked.

"Nope." She rolled her eyes.

"Seriously, what's wrong?"

"Nothing at all." She chuckled.

"Tay-"

"Don't act like you care because you don't! Leave me the hell alone." She scoffed, walking ahead of me.

For some reason I felt hurt that she was upset with me. So being the persistent person I am, I went after her.

I grabbed her arm to make her stop walking,"Tay, what did I do?"

"You're so stupid! You can't see that I like you because you're too busy chasing after a senior!" She shouted.

"You like me?" I probably shouldn't have asked that because it made her more mad.

"Don't talk to me!" She stormed off, leaving me dumbfounded.

I figured I would talk to her when she cooled off.

"I guess I'll be walking home by myself." I mumbled to myself as I began walking.

Rose was going to be at practice so that meant I would have to deal with mom pestering me when I walk through the door. On my way home I began to think about what Taylor said. We've been practically best friends since she first came to my school in sixth grade.