{8}

{8~Quidditch}

There was a hushed whisper in the corridors that day, something that had everyone talking at all hours of the day.

Quidditch!

The sport had finally arrived to the school and practices were coming up just after try-outs.

Hermione, to her comprehension, understood that Gryffindor was in need of positively nothing but a seeker. This was because they had been creaming the other teams since Harry had left. Hermione was more than pleased to let her best friend and his wife know of this. Ginny, who of course played as chaser on her professional team, the Hollyhead Harpies, was ecstatic for Gryffindor. They were bummed to learn, however, Slytherin had been right on their tail each and every year, and among the students, it was said that they would bring the house cup home that year.

Hermione wasn't sure if what any of what the students said was true or not, but that didn't matter. If the students didn't know what was going on in that school, no one did.

It was an almost chilly day that day, a slight breeze sweeping over the school grounds that Hermione walked over. Everything was peaceful, really until someone caught her attention.

"Come on!"

"Erin, this might be a bad idea."

"Since when did you care, Theo?"

Hermione just happened to be passing the pitch that afternoon when she heard the two first-years whispering heatedly to one another.

"You're right! Let's go, before someone follows us."

Hermione attempted to hide the fact she was, indeed, following them... but the duo intrigued her too much.

Easily enough, they landed on the Quidditch pitch within seconds where practices with the older years and try-outs were soon to be going on.

"I'm going to make the team whether they say I will or not."

The boy seemed to scoff at the girl, but Hermione heard shuffling as she pulled a broom to her side. This might just need to stop soon, yet Hermione was all too curious.

"What are you three doing?"

Hermione furrowed her brow. Three? She'd only heard two voices.

"Three?" An outraged voice of Noah Destler spoke loudly, "I was just reading out here!"

"By the broom shed?" Snape demanded.

"Well, Headmaster, you see-" Erin tried to cover, but Hermione could tell that Snape had done something to cut the girl's speech off.

"Miss Harper, and Misters Arden and Destler! First years are not allowed brooms, that rule is ancient!"

"I know that!" Destler refuted in a nearly whiny tone. "Please, professor, I had nothing to do with this!"

"Mr. Destler! That is quite enough. You will all serve detention this week with me."

Groans of discontent rang through the field as Hermione listened in still. After they were dismissed, she no longer listened to them because Severus had called her own name.

"Hermione, come out from the pillar, I thought you were past spying by now."

"Sorry, Severus," she muttered as she revealed her hiding spot.

"Why wouldn't you reprimand these children?"

The brunette shrugged.

"Honestly, they reminded me of Harry, Ron, and I. Up to mischief that wasn't anything but harmless."