{28}

{28~A Plan Gone Wrong}

School was cancelled for the next week, that was the only thing the students knew anyway. Their professors and headmaster informed them all simultaneously that two professors were missing and that all classes would cease until further notice. No one was in danger. Well, no student, that is.

Hermione was Merlin-knows where and had been gone for almost an hour at that point. Severus could not have been more worried or concerned than in that moment. He knew he had been a git the whole time, but what he saw and what truly happened had made it that way. The Headmaster, at this final point in time, had no less than Kingsley Shacklebolt, Minister for Magic, and Harry Potter in his office, formulating a plan to track Vance Mathis' spells and hope they came across her. It was s stupid hope, but they were hopeful still.

Hermione never would have given up on them, so why would they ever give up on her.

When an hour and a half had gone past, there was a solid plan, and Draco had been wrangled up as well to assist in the mission. Luna was feeling alright enough to just be with Ginny who was the complete opposite of Luna pregnancy wise. The red-head had merely no symptoms, and if she did, Harry hardly ever heard about them.

Severus, however, had been left out from the planning, and he seriously wanted to be there... but he "wasn't a trained Auror," was Harry's case, and Kingsley said someone needed to run the school since Carthenius was a wreck. He and Hermione had a special sort of bond where it turns out she was the one Carthenius opened up to most of the time. They were good friends, colleagues.

Well, he'd asked if Gilda could watch the children, and that was when Ron Weasley had arrived and completed the search party, telling Snape that everything was under control. He hated to admit it, but the lot of dunderheads were right, and he had no business in going. Not at the side of three honored and respected Aurors. Severus' place was watching over the children and keeping them as calm as he possibly could.

"Destler, his son goes here right?" Harry asked Severus before they officially set off on their plan to rescue Hermione.

"Yes, why do you inquire, Mr. Potter?"

"He probably saved Hermione's life. Without that boy making the connection so quickly, we wouldn't know who we were dealing with."

Potter then took to heading off with the others, Severus left alone in his pensive study with only Felix sitting in a corner for company. He was just waiting for Hermione to come back to him.

-

When she woke up, every single joint was stiff in her body. Hermione struggled to flutter her eyelids let alone move even her fingers just a tad. Slowly, however, she gathered what little strength she had and hoisted herself up. It wasn't until her eyes were open and focused that she saw where she was. Hermione was in a bed and certainly not one she recognized. The large four-poster was dark and had brown curtains, quite ugly had you asked her.

Only when she attempted to get up from the bed did she realize that her wrists were tied to it. Her mind felt pried into... and somehow she knew exactly why that was. Oh, Hermione knew everything about her past, but she felt all the imprinted memories of what Vance was trying to get her to remember. There were fake scenes in her mind of them being happy together, a proposal even rested within. Hermione was livid, and she couldn't wait to see how he explained this situtation to her. She knew she shouldn't remember anything about Severus, Harry, Draco... no one from her past life was supposed to be nuzzled into the nooks and crannies of her mind, and yet there they were.