{22}

{22~Amortentia}

"Potions is a very fine art, one that I have been practicing ever since I got to Hogwarts."

Felix rolled his eyes, they were merely seconds into the new lesson, and he already wanted Professor Malfoy back.

"And therefore, I'm going to try my best to teach you alright?"

Felix groaned along with the rest of the class. He couldn't entirely know why, but he already hated this professor with everything in him.

"Now, can anyone tell me what this is?"

Finally paying attention, Felix looked up to see what Mathis was holding. It was a clear vial of liquid, one that was glimmering with a golden tint and almost as if Hermione was infecting him, his hand shot up.

"Yes, Mr. Haar."

Felix never understood how some teachers knew all the students names and others had to ask. He guessed it just depended on the teacher... or the fact that the N.E.W.T. Class was about twelve people.

"Felix Felicis."

The professor smirked, he must have known his first name as well.

"Yes, now, can anyone tell me what this does?"

Before Felix could even try, Professor Mathis had already called on Ellie.

"It brings the consumer great luck and fortune."

"That it does, now, let's see about this one."

And that went on the for the rest of the class period because apparently they were supposed to know what all of these potions looked like. Only a few of the other students raised their hands at all, but Felix and Eleanor had been back-and-forth the whole time competing for the correct answer. As luck would seem to have it though, Felix was reminded that they had double potions that day... so there was more to the class than already imagined.

There couldn't have been a more torturous way to spend the two periods, especially when at every chance she got, Grinnendale was looking right at Felix. She would then lean over and talk to her friends about him, and he knew she was because of the way she would glance at him while talking. At least she had friends, was his prominent thought on the matter.

"So for our second period together, you're all going to make me a potion... I think Amortentia is appropriate for today's class, no? Let's find out what draws us all, huh?"

Finally, something Felix could sink his teeth into. He got up immediately and started working, pulling his book out to follow instructions and concentrate. The potion wasn't that hard, and as he went along, the movements slowly got easier and the turns carefully brought the brew closer to completion. Only when smoke started to drift from it was it ready, however.

After a while, Haar had his potion done, and being careful not to breathe as the smoke came up, he covered the pot with a hand raised in the air.

"Haar? Are you done already?"

He grinned, "Yes, sir."

Professor Mathis came over quickly and lifted the lid, watching as a successfully swirling smoke emitted from his potion.

"Well done, Felix, well done. So... tell me what you smell."

Felix Haar went blanch white when that was asked of him. No, that wasn't part of the assignment at all, what would that give away? It's not like anyone knew him well enough to decide what the smells would mean, though. Even so, he wasn't very comfortable doing this.