{23}

{23~The Things it Takes to Make a Grown Wizard Cry}

Hermione shuffled around her office getting ready for the next period after releasing the previous one. They'd all finished early, so she let them go, and in a few minutes she was expecting her third-years. It was after a few more minutes of intense shuffling that she slipped her wand from her sleeve and muttered accio.

"Professor?"

Hermione looked up and went to the call behind her door. It sounded like Felix, but she couldn't entirely be sure.

"Hello," she said in surprise when it was just Felix that walked through into her office threshold.

"The Headmaster told me to see you... he didn't know what to do with me."

Hermione raised an eyebrow.

"I thought your trouble-some days were over, Felix?" She asked him.

"They are! And I convinced Ellie of that, but apparently I did a little too much convincing... and Snapecaughtussnogginginthedungens."

Hermione blinked, looking over the boy with wonder.

"He went down there to fetch you for us both, actually, and now I know why he isn't here with you."

"Is it about adopting me?!" Felix asked excitedly, perking up and hoping Hermione would lose the prior topic. Oh, but she knew exactly what he was doing, and the boy wasn't getting away with it.

"Yes but we must address this snogging issue first."

Felix rolled his eyes.

"You've got to be kidding me."

"I'm doing no such thing, you know that that is against the rules! And right in front of Severus too, Felix?"

"I didn't know he would be there! You both should be happy for me, obviously Ellie forgave me!" He tried to mend, all the while looking rather happy that he'd gotten her forgiveness.

Hermione pursed her lips and sighed heavily. She had to admit the boy was right. He had apologized and gotten her attention, which was probably more than she thought he would ever accomplish. What was obvious to Hermione at that point: Felix really liked the witch.

"Alright... but since I don't want to give you detention... no Hogsmeade next week. Don't give me that look. I hate to say this as I am a teacher, but you have a Slytherin common room, you know."

Felix furrowed his eyebrows... why did that sound— his Amortentia scent! That was one of the things he smelled when he was attempting to tell Professor Mathis!

"Alright... I can live with that."

"Good. Now, to the other topic... we only have a few minutes though, okay? My third years will be here any minute."

"You two want to adopt me?"

Hermione nodded, looking at the clock on her wall. She'd talked about it with Severus more before she'd had her last class, and he was rather excited despite what he would reveal. Of course the wizard wouldn't give into his emotions too quickly, but Hermione knew he'd always wanted to be a father.

"Yes... now, listen to me, Felix. It's very easy to adopt a wizard but only if he gives his full consent. Adoption means that we will have full control over you, everything that being a parent entails... and you'll have to become either a Snape or a Granger. Do you understand?"

With bated breath, Hermione watched as he contemplated the options put in front of him.

"I wouldn't be Felix Haar anymore? I'd be Felix Snape?"