New Clothes

Biana forced Sophie to sit in her chair and she obeyed, knowing she would get into serious trouble if she decided otherwise.  Biana went and got her nail polish box and had Sophie choose a color.  A clear set of nails was what she preferred.                                                                      

    Biana skipped to her closet and chose a tunic she knew she would never wear.  It was far to simple.  It was a plain hourglass shaped, red-violet tunic.  She was right. She didn't like it. Shoes were just Sophie's regular flats.  But she still didn't like the outfit.  Sophie rambled on about how much she hated makeovers.  "and don't even get me started on jewelry..."

     "No make up." Sophie insisted.  "Oh please?" Biana turned on her innocent charms,but Sophie had had enough experience of trickery so she yelled, "NO! But since I'm so generous, I'll allow a touch of lip gloss but that's it!" Biana's excitement increased as she beamed and exclaimed, "Oh thank you! I'll give you a clear coat of lip gloss, to match your nails!" Sophie swore, Biana was talented, but she was especially good at acting childish. 

     Sophie glared at the clock.  It glared back.  7:30.  Sophie couldn't believe it.  They had spent two hours on petty makeovers. 

     "You can keep it." a voice said.  Sophie turned to Biana.  "Keep what." she asked.   Sometimes being oblivious kept obvious terrible possibilities and truths away from her.  "The tunic and leggings." she moaned, "Why?" Biana's eyebrows launched up her face so fast they nearly disappeared into her bangs.  "That's easy.  Because, red is definitely your color.  And, don't even let me mention all the ugly stuff you have in your wardrobe.  "Hey!" Sophie cried. "I choose comfort over looks."

     "Whatever."

      The girls went downstairs where Keefe and Fitz were playing a game of go-fish (I don't know if they actually play that in the Lost Cities).  "'bout time you two got down here. I never knew girls slept in on Sundays. Did you Fitz?"

     Sophie glared.  "You should be worried about me. If you hadn't noticed already, I'm wearing red, and I hate red! As soon as I changed into something comforting, Biana was there at my door and she tricked me into a makeover! Why am I such an idiot?!"

     Soon, Della and Alden trickled in.  Alden was in his usual fancy emissary attire but leaped away for work.  Della wore a long sleeved light blue gown and strode down the hall as if she were a queen.  But in the Elvin case, she probably was. 

     After a weird but incredible breakfast of orange soup with green blobs that tasted like clam chowder and onions, Della called to her and Biana.  What could she possibly want?  She ordered to talk to them in Biana's room. 

     So up to her room she went.

     "Sophie," Della said, "Biana told me that recently, when she went to your house, your wardrobe is filled with many drab things." Sophie gulped.  She knew where this was getting to.  "So, I had Biana choose out all the simple stuff she had in her closet for you.  We want you to try them on and give us your opinion on them."

     She cocked her head to the side.  "Gee, I wasn't expecting that. But just know, I prefer comfort over looks." Della agreed and respected her thoughts.  But what really bothered Sophie was when the queen said, "I'll have Keefe and Fitz up here so they can give us there opinions."

     Sophie forced herself not to scream. 

     "KEEFE! FITZ!" Della called.  The appeared before them in a moment and Fitz answered, "Yes mom?"  "Sophie's getting new clothes and I need your opinion."

     Sophie waved her hands frantically as if saying, NO DON'T DO IT!!!  But she found out a better way. Fitz, help me. "No way you are getting out of this." said Fitz and Keefe simultaneously.  Except Keefe added a "Foster."

     Even though she hated to admit it, she actually loved it when Fitz saw her in red.  Sophie turned to Della, "Okay, fine I'll do it. What's first?" Della pointed to a monster stack of frills.  Sophie's eyes widened and she shrieked, "YOU CALL THIS SIMPLE?!!" Biana grumbled something incoherent (which was really "I thought I could do it. She's getting to clever!") and walked away only to return with more clothes.  But...it was simpler then the other one so she settled for it but still didn't like it. 

     The first dress was something that made her look like in all-clad-in-red wedding guest.  The red mermaid gown was all silk with long off-the-shoulder sleeves.  Sophie groaned when she learned that she had to have a separate hair do for every single dress. So in she went to Biana's shrine to all things girl. 

     Biana did her hair in a dutch braid with silver charms woven here and there.  When she was there Fitz was filing his nails, Keefe was mussing his hair in the floor-length mirror and Della was giving a talk to Fitz about girls.   The door to the shrine (to all things girl) creaked open and all three's heads whipped up so fast that the boy's hair whipped up with them.  "Wow...you look so pretty." Sophie's cheeks felt as red as her dress as she muttered a quick "Thanks."

     The rest of the pile turned out to be a whole stack of red/red-violet tunics and dresses. 

     At the end of it all, Sophie was exhausted and dragged herself and her wardrobe downstairs and collapsed in an overstuffed armchair. 

     Keefe, Fitz and Biana walked down and he smirked, as usual.  But he said, "Foster, how about a game of truth or dare?"

A.N: HAHAHA a cliffhanger!!! Shout out to AltheaMeah121 for bugging me to finally update.

Keeper of the Lost Cities The Sleepoverजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें