CHAPTER 9 | trailer trash

📎A/N. Hello my lovelies!

For those of you who celebrated Thanksgiving, I hope you had a wonderful time with your families and kept away from the Black Friday sales. Running with the bulls in Spain look safer.

This chapter is dedicated to @Cristi_C who was one of the winners in my Wattpad Summer Block Party competition. The other two winners @mcat4519 (Michele) and @hmariepugh (Marie) will have walk on roles in Evolution. First up is @mcat4519. Michele's character is mentioned in this chapter and will make an appearance in the next couple of chapters. Stay tuned for updates on when Marie will be in the spotlight. 

Don't forget to vote if you enjoy the chapter...

Take care and thanks for your continued support...

❤ ℳ

❧ ⚛ ✺ ≋ ≋ ≋ ≋ ≋ ✺ ⚛ ❧

The more Parker dug, the more concerned she became. On a hunch, she had begun the laborious process of accessing the CDC's mortality database. There was no way the Lycan's suddenly appeared. There had to be some trace of them prior to the recent sightings and the attack on Murphy.

"Yes!" Zach jumped up and thrust his fist into the air. "I'm in."

Parker glanced up from her monitor. Accessing Canada's Public Health Agency database had not taken as long as expected. "Download the data and get it to Jay, then make a start on the INSP."

The terabytes of data they needed to sift through would take a lot longer than obtaining the information in the first place. Jay had the talent to see through seemingly unrelated information and draw a correlation. Not for the first time, she was thankful for the two young werewolves. Under her tutelage, their skills had increased beyond her initial expectations. They were brilliant in their own rights. Zeke was a talented network and security specialist that, with time, would exceed her abilities. Jay, a few years older than Zeke was a data analyst savant.

Without looking up from his monitor, Jay reached for a peanut M&M and popped it into his mouth. "How much longer are you away from getting me the CDC data, I need something to refine my algorithms," he asked between bites.

They were distracted when Kaitlyn emerged from Parker's office.

"Michele will phone when they are on their way." Kaitlyn threw herself down into a chair near Parker. "The ID worked, and they are releasing his body to her."

Once Daniel had notified them of Carbine's death, they needed to act quickly. An autopsy wasn't an option. By claiming he practiced Judaism, they could convince the hospital to release his body to next of kin. The problem was finding a next of kin.

Kaitlyn remembered how they had been alerted to Carbine's predicament in the first place and suggested the woman might be able to help them out. She'd taken point on tracking down the friend, while Kaitlyn had worked on forging the relevant paperwork to support their claims.

"Is the funeral home sending out someone?" asked Parker.

"When I said they'd get double their fee if they go pick up the body now and bring the deceased's sister with them they tripped over themselves to be obliging."

Parker laughed. "Money has a way of talking."

"Especially when it's an American Express Centurion." Kaitlyn looked down at the black credit card she'd been holding. "Heard of these never thought I'd ever see one." She tossed it on the desk and pushed it over to Parker. "I could hear his eyes lighting up when I asked if they accepted Centurion."