CHAPTER 30 | the lines are drawn

📎A/N. Hello my lovelies, 

First, that warm fuzzy feeling you are experiencing right now is me giving you all virtual hugs.

I was truly touched at just how many of you responded with such kind messages of support. 

I've managed to finish the last six chapters, and as promised I will load them all at once.

Hope you enjoy the final act of Evolution.

Take care,

❤ ℳ

❧ ⚛ ✺ ≋ ≋ ≋ ≋ ≋ ✺ ⚛ ❧

Parker smiled when Daniel's arms reached around and pulled her to him so that her back was tucked against his firm chest. No matter the situation, she felt safe in his steely embrace.

He kissed the top of her head, buried his nose in her hair, and inhaled. "No matter what happens. I need you to know you are the purest part of my soul."

A sharp pain shot through her heart and her throat became sandpaper with each breath. While she didn't want him going anywhere near Elise and her Lycan's, she understood why they had to. She twisted around in his arms to face him. Her expression pained and her heart heavy. "Just make sure you don't take unnecessary risks and come back to me in one piece."

Daniel's eyes flashed green to amber, then back to green. He tightened his grip on her and hauled her hard against him. Bringing his head down, he claimed her lips in a demanding kiss. One that spoke of promise and devotion.

She melted into his arms and returned his kiss measure for measure. The need to be close to him overpowering everything else. No one else existed. Nothing else existed. For a moment she forgot the war raging all around them. The Lycan, Elise and everything she stood for blurred. The only thing that was real was the man who held her safely in his arms. His need to protect, his sense of duty to his people and his drive was what made him who he was. No matter how much she wanted to beg him otherwise, she couldn't. He was who he was, and she loved him for it. She would never make him choose her over his people. It would tear him in two. Instead, even though she was terrified, she would support him and stand by him.

A shiver ran up and down her spine in the wake of the path his hands took. Somehow they had wandered under her shirt and skimmed over the sensitive skin along her back.

He groaned when Simon burst out the door. "Eweeee!! Get a room will you?"

Instead of breaking contact, Daniel rested his forehead against hers. "Once this is over, I am taking you on a vacation where we can have some uninterrupted alone time."

She grinned. "Why Mr. Locke, I do believe you are trying to sweet talk me into getting your wicked way with me."

She caught her breath when she recognized the raw desire in his dilated pupils and intense stare.