-3-

If anyone wants to request anything, comment or PM me! I prefer PM so I have it right there but commenting is also fine. I'm always happy to hear from you!

Also, if I mess up a creatures name, let me know please ha ha.

Flashback is in italics. Also, the dialogue isn't the same as in the movie, I hope that's okay with everyone.

"THE EGGS!" You shriek, sprinting to Newt. He was taking care of the family of Bowtruckles, trying to get Pickett back in the tiny tree. However, when he heard your excited yells, he forgot the matter at hand.

"What eggs?" He asks, and you jump up and down excitedly. Newt smiles uncertainly, and chuckles when you grab his hands. "They're hatching!" You explain, and he immediately knew what you were talking about. You both run to the nest, and skid to a stop. You smile when you see an egg finally crack. "Oh, I hope it's a girl!" You grin, watching intently as the egg finally opens, revealing the beautiful turquoise dragon. "She's beautiful," you say quietly.

"Oh my goodness," breathes Newt in wonder. "It's absolutely magnificent."

"Mummy's here," you whisper to it, and it coos as it slithers into your hands. You giggle as it cautiously licks your cheek. "Mummy's here," you repeat, and the dragon now seems more secure and comfortable.

As the others hatch, you begin to cry out of happiness. "Love, what's wrong?" Asks Newt, completely oblivious. "Oh, we're a family, Newt," you smile, cradling the dragon in your hands. "I just...love this moment. I wish I could live in it forever."

Newt plants a small kiss on your forehead. "Me too, love," he says, but soon gets bit by one of the creatures. "Ouch," he mutters, making you giggle. "Here, I'll get you a bandage," you say, putting the dragon back in the nest.

Newt sighs at the memory as he climbs down the stairs, with Jacob following him. "Oh," he exclaims, noticing the dragons flailing and squirming in their nest. He rushes towards them, with Jacob not far behind.

"Ah, mummy's here," he says, cradling one in his hands. "Mummy's here..." he trails off, blinking away tears. Jacob frowns on confusion, and looks into the nest.

"Here, hold her," says Newt kindly.

"Mummy?" Questions Jacob. Newt waves it off and replies, "It's nothing. This nest of babies are my family. Go on, she will only bite if you pet her." Jacob smiles softly as Newt hands her over. "She's beautiful," he says quietly.

"She is, isn't she?" Newt smiles. "Absolutely magnificent..."

"Newton Scamander, I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news..."

"I wish this moment could last a lifetime," says Jacob.

"But Y/N L/N has passed on a mission to find Grindlewald. Again, I sincerely apologize for your loss."