-6-

Prompt: Newt and the reader (who is male) fancied each other for a long time but then confess on one of his journeys.

I am LIVING these fluffy requests are beautiful, especially this one. Ahh, I love it. Gracias, beloved anon!

Rant: (read first paragraph please v e r y important!!!)

I don't have a lot of requests right now (I have about six right now) so continue requesting! If I don't publish your imagine, message me please because I may have lost it or accidentally deleted it because PMs are not that organizing (sadly).

I wish I could organize them!! I have an Avengers imagine book (no self promotion just ranting haha) and I get requests sometimes and everything gets mixed up and ahhh it's so confusing I'm so lost. Help.

------

Newt Scamander is a wonder.

You always thought that every day. And it's true. His kindness, his selflessness, his overall being makes everyone stop and ponder how they can change to be like him.

You met Newt in your first year in Hogwarts. You were sorted into the same house, and as a couple of days went by, it was soon known that you two and others were outsiders. But that didn't faze Newt. In fact, he honestly didn't care. He just wanted to study creatures and beasts.

You, on the other hand, enjoyed studying and had your nose in a book. That's why Newt approached you-you seemed gentle and quiet, good enough for some help on his own studies. It wasn't personal gain, there was friendship involved too. At first.

As the years went on, you two became closer and closer. Close enough to realize feelings that you never thought you had. You always believed Newt was oblivious to love, your love, so you didn't say anything about the topic.

The day came when Newt got expelled.

You watched in horror as your best friend and crush left Hogwarts-forever. He said goodbye, though, and not to follow his footsteps and graduate.

And so you did.

You didn't want to, though. You wanted to follow Newt and stay together like old times, but that was impossible. Your parents would be enraged, and Newt would be heartbroken. The look you imagined that would be on his face when he realized you quit school made you push forwards.

Immediately when you graduated, you high tailed it to Newt's location, which was sent by the creature he sent.

When he saw you for the first time in years, it was awkward hugging and words of comfort. And he asked the impossible. Not what you hoped, but close.

He asked if you wanted to accompany him on his journeys. You couldn't refuse, how could you? So you went with him, combining your knowledge and beginning a new life together. A complicated and dangerous one.

Currently, you were tending to some attention-needing Bowtruckles (u g h idk how to spell it I'm too lazy to go back to my other chapters). Newt was of on one of his journeys, saying he had to go alone. You tried to protest, but he wouldn't hear none of it and left. You're still a bit angry at him for leaving like that.

"Yes, I know he's sometimes a pain," you tell the creatures. Some coo in agreement but one, who favors Newt the most, scoffs and turns away. You chuckle.

"He really isn't though, he's a good man," you say, patting him on the head. The angry creature now faces you and listens to your nightly bedtime story from some muggle storybooks. For some reason, they are fascinated by it.

Newt creeps inside the suitcase, which he left behind at the hotel room for your safety and the rest of the creatures. He's a little banged up, with a cut on his forehead and skinned elbows. You immediately wave your wand. Bandages and medicine fly about, attending to his injuries.

You don't ask how he relieved them. He doesn't say a word, just staring off into space. You prepare yourself to ask him the ultimate question.

"Newt, have you ever thought about personal feelings?"

He pauses, then nods. "I suppose," he answers. "Depends what you're talking about."

"Like affection for people," you reply. "Like the same gender."

Newt pauses. "I don't mind that," he murmurs. "Not at all."

"Do you love people that are male?"

Newt doesn't answer, just bows his head in embarrassment.

"You can tell me," you prod. "Because I love boys. We'd be the same."

"Then we are the same," he says. "But it's complicated. I love.."

"You," you whisper. "I love you. I kept it in for so long. And I'm sorry if you don't feel the same way. I'm so sorry."

It came out in a rush. Newt's eyes widen, and it's the first time you ever see him surprised. Your stomach falls in despair.

"Okay," he says. His voice is shaking, his hands trembling. You look down shamefully.

"Good thing I love you too then," he says.