-5-

Requested

Prompt: the reader is good friends with Newt, and is in Slytherin. She protects him from bullies, until they get bullied. Newt saves the day :)

(I think you guys may have noticed already but I'm horrible at updating. I'm just super busy all the time with school and stuff. Super sorry y'all)

(Also I'm taking back the first come first serve rule because I'm disoriented now, haha. Sorry for all that confusion!)

Out of the corner of your eye you notice a Slytherin trying to trip Newt.

"Watch it," you say to Newt, and kick the foot out of his way. "Get out of here, you piece of trash!" You shout at the group.

Newt frantically tries to calm you down, but you're still smoldering a couple of minutes later. You give any suspicious Slytherin passing by a glare, without Newt noticing.

You could say you were...attracted to Newt, to say the least. Ever since you met, you always had his back. Everyone seemed to be out for him, and he didn't even do anything wrong. You became friends when you defended him from bullies.

"You all right?" Asks Newt. You retired to his common room for the afternoon, and brought some schoolwork and tea. He sips on some.

"I'm fine," you reply. "You?"

"Same as you," he answers. "But you have a bruise." You touch your wrist where some purple bruises are beginning to form. "Ah," you mutter. "I hit it." That was a dumb answer, and he knows it. But he doesn't say anything more.

The next day, you walk the halls to Charms. You're already late, so your pace is quick. You go faster when you see a little gang of your housemates. "Oh, look," you hear one whisper. They begin to catch up with you, and you start to run. You didn't want them to beat you up again.

"Wait up, Y/N," says one tauntingly, but you keep your head high and don't answer. You couldn't, it would only give them satisfaction.

They soon catch up to you and a girl grabs your wrist painfully, yanking you back. You struggle to get out of her grip, refusing to beg. "Get off me, you swine!" You yell. Because of your struggling, you accidentally backhand her.

You begin to feel fear as she looks at you with an intention of murder.

"It was an accident," you manage. "I was only trying to..."

"I don't care," she says. "You shouldn't hit me, even if it's an accident." Great logic.

She smacks you, and you hold your cheek. You stumble away, but she catches up easily, her anger fueling her. She grabs your hair, and before she can do anything else, your savior appears. Is it a teacher? You pray.

"I would stop hitting her if I were you," Newt says, looking afraid to stand up for me. Of course, he's not used to this stuff. He fidgets and doesn't make eye contact.

"What are you gonna do, Scamander? Be a snitch? Tell Dumbledoor?" Sneers one. They all laugh but Newt doesn't really care. Instead he helps you up and picks up your stuff. The bullies let you go, surprisingly. They must have had their fun.

"I'm really sorry," begins Newt, "I didn't know this happened to you." You frown, clutching your books tighter. "Please don't worry about me," you reply softly. "It's not that big of a deal. But thank you...for helping me."

Newt smiles and looks down at his feet. A small blush is on his cheeks, making you flush as well. You turn away, embarrassed, and say, "You really are brave, Newt. I wonder why you aren't in Gryffindor."

"Well, you aren't full of yourself, I wonder why you aren't in Hufflepuff," he says. Then he adds, "With me."

You chuckle. "I wouldn't mind that, of course," you say, turning to look at him. For once, his eyes are meeting yours, and you secretly admire them. He looks away too soon though, and you say, "Walk me to Charms."

"As you wish," he says, and he takes your hand.

When you two arrive at class, he gives you a soft but quick kiss on your cheek. He blushes again and begins to leave. "You missed, Newt," you say, overcome by your feelings. You grab his scarf and kiss him on the lips and walk into Charms, smirking.