-4-

My apologies to everyone who requested!! Your imagines will be out shortly I promise! It's just that the holidays were actually busier than I thought, so I didn't get a lot of writing done. Also I have severe writers block. I'm so sorry.

(((I also do a "first come first serve" kinda thing as well.)))

[REQUESTED]

Prompt: the reader is an older obscurus and Newt tries to save her because he likes her.

Warnings: a little sad!

~~~~~~~~~~~

"Witches are among us, and they must be eliminated!"

You clutch your hotdog tightly as she spews those words, dripping with venom and hate. How could she say those words, anyway? How could you wish someone would die? It must be a horrible way to live.

Turning away, you quickly walk back to your apartment. You toss the hotdog wrapper away and resumed your walk.

Work is always stressful. Your boss is a sexist pig, as well as some of your male coworkers. But you managed a steady life. You payed your bills on time, got good income, etcetera. Except you had a secret. You were this...unspeakable force. You were like...a black cloud. You couldn't really describe it to anyone, including yourself. It just comes and goes, and when it came, it was like a weird feeling of flying. You couldn't control it. Sometimes it pops up out of nowhere, making your hands or feet become black clouds. Gloves didn't help.

Someone bumps into you, head on. You let out a small shriek as you both tumble to the ground. "Oh, I my apologies!" Says Newt, one of your new acquaintances. "Newt! It's nice to see you again!" You smile, helping pick up his things. "Strange bumping into you...," stutters Newt, looking like a deer in headlights. "Um, yes," you agree. An awkward silence makes the situation uncomfortable for poor Newt.

"Um, I should get going!" He says shrilly. "All right, have a good evening," you smile awkwardly. Newt walks away, leaving you very confused.

You shake your head and continue on your way home. It doesn't take long before you reach your messy apartment. "Home sweet home," you mutter quietly, entering. Your landlord is sleeping on the stairs, probably drunk again. You tiptoe by and quickly enter your apartment.

Your two cats are snoozing on the couch peacefully. Empty teacups litter the coffee table, as well as an empty bowl that was once full of cat food.

You collapse on your ratty couch and almost fall asleep until you hear a crash outside he door. The cats scramble in alarm as you go investigate.

You open the door, expecting it to be your landlord drunkenly staggering around again. However, it was Newt, with a mole like creature on his head.

"I can explain," he says when you cry, "What're you doing here? What is that?!"

You stare at him with a horrified expression as the creature absorbs a gold coin. "What is that?!" You repeat. "Don't be afraid," says Newt quickly, avoiding eye contact as usual. "It's a Niffler. They have a tendency to absorb shiny objects like coins and jewels," explains Newt.

"Okay, why I haven't I heard of it before? It's not an animal I have read about...?" You ask curiously. Now it was Newts' turn to become horrified.

"Oh dear. I um, it's a mole! I was just joking about it. It's not a 'Miffler' it is just an ordinary mole! Right?" He asks the creature, who just absorbs another coin.

"Uh, why don't you come in?" You ask quietly. "That would be nice," says Newt, and he walks inside uneasily.

The cats swarm around his feet, very interested in Newt and his "pet." Newt just awkwardly laughs and shuffles around them.

Just as he sits down, your hand tingles and you put it behind your back. "Would you like something to drink? Tea? Coffee? I actually don't have coffee, so would tea do?" You ask, rambling. Newt actually smiles his shy smile and accepts your offer with a please and thank you. You scurry to the kitchen, looking at your smoking hand. "Stop it!" You hiss to your hand, as if it could hear you.

You prepare the tea. When it was finished, your hand stopped doing its smoking thing. You sighed in relief as you hand Newt a cup and saucer.

"So, Newt, how can I help you? You seem a little nervous," you say, and Newt chokes on his tea. "Me? Nervous? No," he laughs, which makes you furrow your eyebrows.

"All right, I suppose I am nervous," he says softly, setting down his tea on the coffee table. "Because I have been watching you. Not in a weird way. But around the city, I have been watching you. Your hands, they turn-"

You drop your tea in surprise as he's talking. How does he know what this means?! Does he have it too?!

"Y/N?" He asks softly, your hands in his. "You all right?"

"No," you whisper. "I'm not. Please. Help me..."

Newt is taken aback by your response, you could see it in his eyes and his expression. Of course he wasn't a peeping tom, you knew that, and you weren't offended that he was watching out for you.

"I mean, what are you talking about?" You mutter. "I'm not like that! Heh."

"That was a pathetic lie," says Newt. "I know," you say. "It's just that I kept this secret for so long...and I don't want to hurt anyone. I probably have."

Newt's eyes say everything.

"I did," you say.

"And I will save you," says Newt. "Because I love you."